What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Show/Hide Blocked Contacts

[Suggestion] Show/Hide Blocked Contacts
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. [Suggestion] Show/Hide Blocked Contacts
I just had a quick idea that I would personally find useful. However, I suspect it isn't possible for some reason or other.

The idea is to have the option to show or hide blocked contacts. The purpose would be, say, that you don't want to delete the contact(s) (for whatever reason) but you would rather keep your contact list clean and clutter free. Having the option by just one click to show or hide them would be useful.
08-29-2005 05:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Show/Hide Blocked Contacts
Like a "group all blocked contacts together" feature... I think it'd be possible some how since MSn can group offline and mobile contacts together... But I'm not sure plug-in programmers can get into that part of it..... I guess for now (unles somebody can make it) just make a group yourself and put everybody you block into there.
08-29-2005 06:22 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I you want them gone of your contactlist (to keep it clutter free) then simply delete them. Deleting them doesn't mean they are automatically unblocked. You can perfectly have a contact on your blocklist, but not in your contactlist. The benefit for this is also that the contact in question could delete you from his contactlist if he desires to do so, making both lists (yours and theirs) clutter free.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-29-2005 06:37 PM
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Show/Hide Blocked Contacts
quote:
Originally posted by kierant
I just had a quick idea that I would personally find useful. However, I suspect it isn't possible for some reason or other.

The idea is to have the option to show or hide blocked contacts. The purpose would be, say, that you don't want to delete the contact(s) (for whatever reason) but you would rather keep your contact list clean and clutter free. Having the option by just one click to show or hide them would be useful.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I you want them gone of your contactlist (to keep it clutter free) then simply delete them. Deleting them doesn't mean they are automatically unblocked. You can perfectly have a contact on your blocklist, but not in your contactlist. The benefit for this is also that the contact in question could delete you from his contactlist if he desires to do so, making both lists (yours and theirs) clutter free.

That's the point of the suggestion, though, that I don't have to delete them. For instance, many blocked contacts are only temporarily blocked and therefore needn't be deleted.
08-29-2005 10:07 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I always read all threads/posts before I reply ;) I simply stated that deleting them doesn't mean they are unblocked, if that was the "whatever" reason why you wont delete them.

It's either that or nothing and I very strongly doubt it will ever change.

If they are temporarly blocked, then their is no reason (much) to hide them off your contactlist. If you still want it, the only thing you can do is to make a seperate group and constantly move and remove contacts to and from that group as you're blocking and unblocking them (aka: not practical at all and thus not a real solution).

If they are blocked forever, delete them.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-30-2005 12:43 AM
FrozenDaggers

I shoot people.

35 / Female / Flag
I think it would just be easiest to do what qgroessl said and make a group 'Blocked Contacts' and just move all your blocked contacts into that group. It tidys up your contact list a little more, and you don't end up losing the blocked persons contact information etc.
08-30-2005 04:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: