What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Plus Ideas and stuffplug ones

Plus Ideas and stuffplug ones
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Tongue  Plus Ideas and stuffplug ones
Ok it's like a stufplug/ plus idea :)

1.) I notcied that in the new stuffplug toasts match my msn and skin :O where as plus had to make it's own bmp. I'm wondering if the plus toasta should blend it with msn messenger's one it would be alot better in my view :) Like stuffplug now does.

2.) The open convo feature, could it be more accurate by stop people downloading your dp when your just in the contact list or not having a dp make it more accurate just wondering :)

anyway that's my ideas please comment if they would work etc ;)

08-30-2005 08:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: Plus Ideas and stuffplug ones
I think you would still receive a notification for the open convo feature because they would still send a request for your DP whether you have one or not. So the fact that they do/don't recieve anything would be irrelevant.
Does that mean you can't get a false alert if your contact signs in using Windows Messenger?
08-30-2005 08:15 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
1.) I notcied that in the new stuffplug toasts match my msn and skin :O where as plus had to make it's own bmp. I'm wondering if the plus toasta should blend it with msn messenger's one it would be alot better in my view :) Like stuffplug now does.
stuffplug uses msn messenger's alerts. that was considered when msgplus started using alerts but patchou chose for his own alerts, in case the msn messenger alert system suddenly changed from one version to another (i think that's the reason)
quote:
2.) The open convo feature, could it be more accurate by stop people downloading your dp when your just in the contact list or not having a dp make it more accurate just wondering :)
i'm sorry, i have no idea in that case. BUT
quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
Does that mean you can't get a false alert if your contact signs in using Windows Messenger?
yes it does (at least it does with gilly, which identifies as msn messenger 5.0). but stuffplug is this [ ] compatible with windows messenger, so you have another problem.

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 08:23 PM by Millenium_edition.
08-30-2005 08:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus Ideas and stuffplug ones
Ok, i think TB should block people viewing display pictures unless they open a convo :) to make it better and patchou to use msn's toasts for sake of skins ;)

This post was edited on 08-30-2005 at 08:45 PM by absorbation.
08-30-2005 08:44 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
stuffplug uses msn messenger's alerts. that was considered when msgplus started using alerts but patchou chose for his own alerts, in case the msn messenger alert system suddenly changed from one version to another (i think that's the reason)
he could have added an errorchecker to see if the alert function worked, and if not used the fallback bmp?
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.