What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » It's not really a plugin, but

It's not really a plugin, but
Author: Message:
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
O.P. It's not really a plugin, but
Is there anyway to recall your contact's last message though a command, perhaps like /quote but instead of it bringing up the qote sender window it sends the last message or nth to last message?
Does the quote sender just use the log to store them or does it cache them somewhere else? And if so, would it be easy to retrieve via a plugin?
08-31-2005 09:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ProblemWv Authority

34 / Male / Flag
RE: It's not really a plugin, but
I don't know weather or not this is possible but I know that you can enable a setting in MSN Messenger that Brings up the last few things said between you and a contact when you open their conversation window. This can only work if you enable chat logging with MSN Messenger though. To enable this feature, on the main MSN Messenger window, go to Tools --> Options... ---> Click the Messages tab on the side of the window ---> check Automaticaly keep history of my conversations and Show my last conversation in new conversation window.

I think it would be possible for a plugin to work with these settings to do the command you suggested. Don't know if this is done or not though :^)

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 06:10 PM by ProblemWv Authority.
www.myspace.com/farewellcity
09-01-2005 06:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: It's not really a plugin, but
That's an interesting feature! I never knew it existed. Why has no-one used this as a solution to all those "please can you make a plugin that will show the last few messages I had with my contact?" - or have they? I've never noticed.

I installed the original stuffplug plugin yesterday and played around with the (!XRNDLINE) feature. If you can recall a random line, you should theoretically also be able to retrieve the last line only - or portion of - the chat log of that contact. Am I correct? (Ignoring the fact that a message can often expand over several lines)
09-01-2005 08:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: