What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Transfering from one acount to the other

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Transfering from one acount to the other
Author: Message:
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: Transfering from one acount to the other
When I got my new pc I tried MSN Backup and it works quite well. I got a few MSN errors saying it was not possible to install the 'content' and the program only restored some of my emotions but I found out a 'workaround'.
Just restore a few times, so when it's first finished restoring (with errors) just click restore again and now it will install (some of the) content that wasn't installed the last time. Just try it :)

The program doesn't work 100% but it's the best I could find. (Don't use the crappy sh*t from Sherv.net ... it contains adware/spamware, as you can read in the license agreement of the CEDP backup wizard:
During the usage of this Product, information such as your email address may be collected by the Software.
This non-sensitive data which can NOT be used to identify you personally will be used to subscribe you to our newsletter and periodically send you promotional messages and information regarding products and services.
)

...and the license agreement of the CE/DP stealer from Sherv.net:

7. Third Party Software:
We provide this free Product without any charges or fees by bundling software from third party vendors ("Third Party Software") with the Product, both of these Services can be removed from your computer at any time. During the installation of this Software, you must install the Third Party Software in order to use this Product. You should carefully read and review the license agreement for the Third Party Software.

By installing and/or using this Third Party Software, you accept these Third Party Software licenses and acknowledge that you have read and understood them. Any queries/claims in regard to the Third Party Software should be directed at the approperiate vendor. We will not be liable for any damages that may arise in connection to the Third Party Software.

You also authorize the Software to place shortcuts and/or icons onto your Desktop and within the Microsoft Internet Explorer favorites. You may remove these shortcuts and/or icons at any time.

7.1 Included Third Party Software:

7.1.1 180Search Assistant
180search Assistant is a permission-based search assistant application that provides you access to a wide range of websites, applications and information. 
180search Assistant is a small application that is downloaded to your computer and runs in the background looking to show websites with information, offers and products that match keywords that you are looking for when either shopping or searching online.
The license agreement for 180Search Assistant is presented below as Exhibit A, for further information please visit http://www.180solutions.com

7.1.2 webHancer
webHancer surfing performance metrics software. The license agreement for webHancer is presented below as Exhibit B.
09-07-2005 01:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Transfering from one acount to the other
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Just try it
[Image: attachment.php?pid=529316]
It doesn't run.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-08-2005 10:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

Strange.. it should work fine. You could try to uninstall the program, remove the MSN Backup folder from program files and reinstall it
09-08-2005 10:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Strange.. it should work fine. You could try to uninstall the program, remove the MSN Backup folder from program files and reinstall it
The folder is deleted during the uninstallation
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-08-2005 11:00 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
It looks like it's struggling to find a file. It's a pity it doesn't mention what file it's looking for.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-08-2005 11:23 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
any other ideas? or how can I get this to work?
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-10-2005 02:07 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
You can try this spiffy thing I've always had and used. Works perfect, even on my ancient OS :p.

.zip File Attachment: Msn CEDE Backup.ZIP (41.68 KB)
This file has been downloaded 118 time(s).
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-10-2005 05:46 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
You can try this spiffy thing I've always had and used. Works perfect, even on my ancient OS :p.
will try...thanks.

EDIT: and how do I make them go into msn after?.......... it just takes them and transfers them to image files.

This post was edited on 09-10-2005 at 12:40 PM by Lou.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-10-2005 12:39 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Transfering from one acount to the other
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
will try...thanks.

EDIT: and how do I make them go into msn after?.......... it just takes them and transfers them to image files.

Try this:

http://members.lycos.nl/monkeyforum/aapiemirror/emoadder.zip
http://members.lycos.nl/monkeyforum/aapiemirror/avaadder.zip

There is a program called Beas Manager that lets you add all sorts of things (Backed up winks, backgrounds, display pics, emoticons, etc. But Monkey's site is dead and I dont know were the file is anymore). Drop the EXE in the folder were you backed up your things to, then run it and it's self explanitory :p.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-10-2005 03:41 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Try this:

http://members.lycos.nl/monkeyforum/aapiemirror/emoadder.zip
http://members.lycos.nl/monkeyforum/aapiemirror/avaadder.zip

There is a program called Beas Manager that lets you add all sorts of things (Backed up winks, backgrounds, display pics, emoticons, etc. But Monkey's site is dead and I dont know were the file is anymore). Drop the EXE in the folder were you backed up your things to, then run it and it's self explanitory :p.
Will try later thanks

EDIt: wtf links dont work:|

This post was edited on 09-10-2005 at 08:00 PM by Lou.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-10-2005 05:39 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: