What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Windows DOWNGRADE

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Windows DOWNGRADE
Author: Message:
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows DOWNGRADE
It won't actually reduce read/write times - the drive can only spin so fast. It's comparable to using two programs on the same partition, but at different ends of it. All in all, it won't wear the disk out quicker. It won't prolong it's life either.

You've also got to remember hard disks are spinning constantly. Only floppies, CDs and DVDs stop spinning - hard disks carry on because they need to to support faster data transfer rates. The only time a hard drive stops is when you turn the machine off.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-08-2005 02:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
spokes

I <3 Rollerblading

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows DOWNGRADE
OK, it completely screwed up thanks to the grub bootloader, i accidentally moved my linux partition down one, therefore pc couldnt find bootloader... then i made an XP Bootdisk on my friends pc, but that didn't work cause my system was missing a file 'HAL.DLL' and i had no way of putting this file on the pc...
then the GAY HP recovery thing kept coming up and i had to close it fast, but one time it wipe my partition table...

so i had to reformat, im going to give it another go later now i don't have GRUB on here, hopefully it should work.

And XP runs ok, if i use my pc like average users do. turn on, use internet turn off

but i don't use it that way, it's a webserver, i use it for internet, i do my homework on there etc...

[Image: sig15ws.png]
09-09-2005 03:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: