What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Anychance of a Custom Sounds feature...

Poll: Custom Sounds Language Categorys Poll - Yay or Nay?
Yay! Sounds Great!
Nay! It's good the way it is!
Urm Maybe - I'm not sure?!?
I don't use Custom Sounds
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Anychance of a Custom Sounds feature...
Author: Message:
Iceuk

O.P. Undecided  Anychance of a Custom Sounds feature...
Well i don't know about you, but I am getting extreamly frustrated and irritated by the New Random Sound feature. 9/10 sounds it 'randomly' selects from the server is in another language, Spanish, French - all of em. Rarely do you get a decent english one. So now i'm wondering, is there any chance in the future that the Custom Sounds feature will have a Language preference, and when people add their own custom sounds, they will be able to select which language its from or in. Like alot of the 'music' clips are from other languages - and its doing my head in! Possibly get the Custom Sounds users to select a default language that their own recorded clips are marked with, but then they can modify the language individually for each clip. Then have the random search panel with a language search tool. Basically, i could then click 'New Random Sound' and in that little window would be a drop down menu of languages i could select from. I know that a number of these clips would still remain in the wrong language categorys - but it would help reduce the number being brought up in Random Sound. Any views? Poll this idea.
09-06-2005 11:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Anychance of a Custom Sounds feature...
Well dont forget if this was added, users would have to select a sound language and if they click the wrong one or whatever you still get different sounds
09-06-2005 11:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Iceuk

O.P. RE: Anychance of a Custom Sounds feature...
I thought of that - but of course this feature wouldn't totally clear the problem. It would just help to reduce the number of results in another language. Plus, the feature could be set by default - users sounds would be tagged with a primary language they select. So for me i'd have the default tag as English since all my own custom sounds i make would be in english.
09-06-2005 11:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: Anychance of a Custom Sounds feature...
language selection for custom sounds has already been implemented into plus! 3.60, the latest private beta which is due for release to the public this month
09-07-2005 07:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: