What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Keeping Log Files Privat

Keeping Log Files Privat
Author: Message:
BlueEyedGoddess

O.P. Undecided  Keeping Log Files Privat
Can some1 please tell me is there a possibility to change or customize the plus menu because I would like (somehow) to hide the option for: "Open log files". Because I keep my log files of my conversations and I really need help with this...is there any way to hide that option from the manu or not?
Cause sometimes I don't have time to go on boss protection or I may forget so I really need help with this cause I don't want someone to see my chat logs or else.

Please respond to me as soon as posible.

I apologize if my english is bad.
09-07-2005 10:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: Keeping Log Files Privat
Hi! You can't hide the option, but you can encrypt your log files so that they can only be read with a password - more information can be found here.
09-07-2005 10:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BlueEyedGoddess

O.P. RE: Keeping Log Files Privat
I know that I can do that and that is very good ...but you know, if someone in case goes under my name (on the messenger using my emai add.) and clicks on the Open Log Files he could see how many log files are there and from whome.
You understand what I'm trying to say?

:(
09-07-2005 10:58 AM
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
You can't hide the files itself, no matter what. Someone can just as easy watch the file names and number of files in Windows Explorer. But if you have encrypted them, they can't be opened without a password.
09-07-2005 11:12 AM
BlueEyedGoddess

O.P. RE: Keeping Log Files Privat
Ok then...what can I say...I thought it could be changed in the plus menu only ... not to be shown in the plus menu or something like that.

Anyways thanks..
09-07-2005 11:14 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
Are you referring to these chat logs? They are different from the msgplus logs and can still be read. You must disable the option (if it isn't already disabled) through the menu: Tools -> Options -> Messages -> Uncheck 'Automatically keep a history of my conversations

[Image: attachment.php?pid=530785]

Someone cannot see what logs you have just by using your account. However, if they wanted to they can see what logs you have through explorer, although they wouldn't be able to read them. If you want to hide these files you will have to find some other software to do this, as this is not a feature of msgplus.

Edit: oh, Einum's already said it.

.png File Attachment: history.PNG (8.76 KB)
This file has been downloaded 240 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-07-2005 at 11:23 AM by multimillion2k.
09-07-2005 11:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: