What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Feature Request] A "marker" for contacts who have removed you from their list

[Feature Request] A "marker" for contacts who have removed you from their list
Author: Message:
sulfur

O.P. [Feature Request] A "marker" for contacts who have removed you from their list
Hi,

A very welcome addition to msgplus would be a "marker" which tells you at a glance if you are still on a contact's contact list or not, a-la-Gaim which displays a red "X" on those users who have deleted you.

This is just the presentation of the info contained in the "see who has added me" list in a more immediate, graphical way. Sorting by this flag would be nice, too.

I'd love to see it in future versions of msgplus :-)
09-12-2005 01:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: [Feature Request] A "marker" for contacts who have removed you from their list
with the release of messenger plus! comes a protocol interpretation. using this it is perfectly possible to do this (although maybe not, because the icon next to the dp had to go, so i'm not sure).

it has been suggested before, but the reason why it was not accepted was the use of the protocol (which is not applicable anymore)
09-12-2005 03:08 PM
sulfur

O.P. RE: RE: [Feature Request] A "marker" for contacts who have removed you from their lis
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
with the release of messenger plus! comes a protocol interpretation. using this it is perfectly possible to do this (although maybe not, because the icon next to the dp had to go, so i'm not sure).

it has been suggested before, but the reason why it was not accepted was the use of the protocol (which is not applicable anymore)

hi, thanks for your answer.

Well .... maybe there is no need to actually change the icon or superpose another icon, but bust change the color of the nick, or some other cosmetic change.

Any way to get it done would be very desirable :-)
09-12-2005 03:16 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Feature Request] A "marker" for contacts who have removed you from their list
The next version of StuffPlug will have a contact list manager IIRC, which will allow you to see this sort of thing at a glance.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-12-2005 07:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GroteSmurf

45 / Male / –
changing the color of the contact (just as aMSN does) would be nice indeed :-). Although this is probably more usefull if you have a lot of contacts. I have only 34 contacts (poor me :'( ;-)) and I'm pretty sure I'm on their lists too :-P.
09-12-2005 09:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Yeah, this is actually something that would be rather done by StuffPlug and not Plus! itself. It's the kind of poweruser tweaks and knowledge not usual users have.

But I like the idea, nonetheless. :)
09-12-2005 09:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: