What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Formatting Help

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Formatting Help
Author: Message:
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Formatting Help
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Well, your way only works on the English version (or on a version with same shortcut keys. On my (the Swedish) version it looks like this:

Alt > B > O > Alt > A > E/I

(Bokmärken > Ordna bokmärken... > Arkiv > Importera... / Exportera...)

Yah but in Sammys screenshots he is obviously using all English programs so I dont think that will be a problem.
09-11-2005 06:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Formatting Help
quote:
Originally posted by Norma Jean
Yah but in Sammys screenshots he is obviously using all English programs so I dont think that will be a problem.

Yes thats true.

Anyways enough wuth the FireFox bookmark questions. I need help with some other questions i wrote.
09-11-2005 08:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Another Question

If i format do my harddrives go back to Fat32 because i converted em from Fat32 to NTFs so when i format will it bring it back???

When you reformat any part of a hard drive you can choose to format it to fat32 or ntfs or whatever is supported. So you may choose to format it anyway you'd like.
quote:
Another Question

I only have one Dynamic Display Pic and no regular display pics and its my muggin. Do i use MSN Backup to backup that along with my custom emoticons.
Can someone line to the latest version of MSN Backup???

Click here!
quote:
Another Question

I just remember like 20 minutes ago when i first started this that i said i was formatting my unreal tournament. But i remembered i dont have to because its on my D Drive and that only has 2 games on it. Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004. Will i have to format the whole D Drive or should i leave
Since it is on a different drive than your windows, you can leave it there. However if it uses registry keys I don't know what will happen exactly.
quote:
Can i delete the hidden files on my D Drive or will it screw up my PC? The hidden files are those that are selected
You might want to take that screenshot out..it has windows sp2 cd key changer in it8-)
[/offtopic]

Well I suggest to leave them there. They aren't taking up too much space so its ok. They are meant to be hidden so there must be a reason:P

Hope this helps.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
09-12-2005 10:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Formatting Help
quote:
Originally posted by [sSs
CommDown]Ok next question.

I have been using my Xp computer for so long. I never wanted to reformat because i would lose all my stuff. I think its because of viruses or something.
So i would like to know the BEST Antivirus Scanner,Adaware Scanner/Spyware Scanner and all the other type of malware for the computer. I have tried the following and none seem to do the job.

Norton Systemworks 2000/01/02/03/04/05
Kapersky 2006
Panda Platinum
AVG
NOD32
Hitman Pro
Adaware Pro
Microsoft AntiSpyware

Is there the best one like a site with reviews that say which is the best???

Because those ones i think are bad.

And do not suggest norton because ever since i uninstalled it im never installing it again unless they fix liek the uninstaller and EVERYthing.

*** I myself use a compliation of Norton Antivirus 2005 Corporate edition. along with online virus scan from Panda software (Active Scan).  For spyware I use AdAware SE. ***

Another Question

When I format once u install XP does it ask how many partitions you want? And later once u install a partition to a drive can you remove it and add the space back to the main drive?.

*** when you put the disk in the drive and reboot, it should come into the xp install GUI.  After you press F8 and it takes you to the next screen, you are going to want to blow away your current partitions, ALL OF THEM and then re create your partitions.  Then in time you can remove and change your partitions by utilizing "Manage Computer" from your Right Click MY COMPUTER options***

Another Question

The reason i need a new partition is im installing (against the rules to say) and i need to know how to Multiboot (or Dual Boot) when the PC boots it asks what OS you would like to run. How do i do that?

*** That would be done through a partition or even dual drives.  Or you can run software like COnnectrix 5.1 or Microsoft Virtual Machine.  You can actually have more than one operating system on a single partition, but it is strongly discouraged.***

Another Question

I have a S***Load of Programs. So before i format is there something that can make a list of all your programs so i dont have to go to Program files add remove etc to find all my program i have installed?

*** There probably is, I just usually copy all my important programs over to my external HD, or flash drive, atleast to get the directory structure... I do this expecially with the UT folders, cuz I do not want to have to download all the maps again.  So if you have another puter in your house, just zing all the files into a folder on that system so you can copy them later... what I do with UT, is I install UT from disk, then just copy and paste on top of installed folder all the files from my old hard drive... this automatically updates all your cache, your preferences, your favorites and all. ***

Another Question

Im installing a 2 Port PCI Usb 2.0 Hub to my computer.

I also have 2 built in 1.1 USB ports. But 4 isent enough so I baught a USB 2.0 USB Hub. It changes 1 usb port into 4 usb ports so that would mean i would have 7 ports in total. But if the 4 ubs port thing hub is 1.1 and i connect it to the 2.0 PC hub will it make it go faster or will it still just be 1.1 and might as well put into the USB 1.1 ports???

*** USB 1.1 is USB 1.1, USB 2.0 is USB 2.0.  You can plug USB 1.1 periferals into USB 2.0 with no conflict, but if you plug 2.0 periferals into 1.1 plug, they will not work to optimal performance if at all. ***

Another Question

My bios is at version 9 i think but when i first got the PC it was 1 so if i format will it go back to 1???

*** your bios being flashed, is on the mainboard only, changing your hard drive configuration or reformatting will not have any effect on the bios. ***

Another question

Just Like that thing i asked if it lists all the programs you have is there somethign like that that shows you the proogram serial so i can print em out and once i reinstall those progs i can reuse that serial???

*** Usually no, they are normally stored in your registry settings, and with some programs they may show you the serial number if you open the program and choose HELP > About. ***

*sigh* another question

What is a good enough amount of virtual memory the computer can use. I set it to 1.5 gbs of virtual memory but it only uses 200mb of it.

*** Virtual Memory by rule of thumb should be two times the size of your current Ram, so if you have 256mb ram, your virtual memory should be 512.  You want to make sure that windows DOES NOT have the ability to change the paging file size.  you want this to be set so you will not have as many issues with defrag later.  You want to designate one chunk of space, not have the size change on a constant basis. ***

Another Question

If i format do my harddrives go back to Fat32 because i converted em from Fat32 to NTFs so when i format will it bring it back???

*** *** You have the option to format in either fat or NTFS, when you are in the screen I previously told you about, it will ask what file system to create. ***

Another Question

For some reason my Microsoft Fax or Pivture viewer never opens. So when i format that will fix.

I think it does cuz its formatting.

*** *** Yes it will ***

Another Question

What would be some good programs for me to get for a good fresh start???

*** *** Too many to list, all depends on what you want to do ***

Another question

Can someone link me to all the latest versions of these Stuff for MSN:

A-Patch
Mess Patch
ScreenShot Sender 3
AdControl
(forget the name) - program that makes your text |00k s0m3thïng |ïk3 thïs bût b3tt3®

I think the command for it is /xleet

FileTransfer Pro

etc any other good plugins

*** *** I do not use any of the above listed, so can not help you there ***

Another Question

I only have one Dynamic Display Pic and no regular display pics and its my muggin. Do i use MSN Backup to backup that along with my custom emoticons.
Can someone line to the latest version of MSN Backup???

*** *** Not my department ***

Another Question

Where do i get XPIze again after i format?

*** *** beats me, i dont use ***

Another qustion

How do i backup FireFox Favourites/Bookmarks??? and once i format how do i put em back???

*** *** No Clue, i dont use ***

Another Question

I just remember like 20 minutes ago when i first started this that i said i was formatting my unreal tournament. But i remembered i dont have to because its on my D Drive and that only has 2 games on it. Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004. Will i have to format the whole D Drive or should i leave

*** *** well is it the same logical drive or separate, You do not need to format either way, but I by my own preferences would format all, blow it all away and do over ***

Same Issue Question 2

Can i delete the hidden files on my D Drive or will it screw up my PC? The hidden files are those that are selected

*** *** Those files are not familiar to me, most likely you would be able to blow them away,  especially if you are only leaving the UT and UT2k4 folders in the volume. ***

09-12-2005 07:18 PM
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
if you want to remember all the programs you have installed just take screenshots of the add/remove list and put it on a diskette or something and open it up when you done everything
09-12-2005 07:25 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
hey .... u forgot the best plugin ...
msgplus!
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
09-13-2005 12:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
hey .... u forgot the best plugin ...
msgplus!
but this thread is about helping him backup stuff not downloading things again.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
09-13-2005 12:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: