What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Ambitious new plugin

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Ambitious new plugin
Author: Message:
bigmog

O.P. Ambitious new plugin
Guys

I'm writing a new plugin. I've manged to get the api working and can trap events and all that stuff. I'm doing it in C++ and I'm fairly happy with COM.

My plugin needs to trap inbound and outbound messages (this is easy) and also manipulate the text entry and main chat windows. I see how it is easy to get an IDispatch pointer back from OnIMWindowCreated but this doesn't really let me get at the richedit control of either the typed message or the chat window. Does anybody know how to get a COM pointer to these windows or even a HWND to the rich edit window (which I assume it is).

In my plugin I intend to add a whole range of rich tags like animated smiley's, sound clips and files, even video perhaps. To send these the user will send tags to the person they are chatting. If they don't have the plugin the tag will tell them how to install it. If they do have the plugin they will see the rich content. I may well be missing somthing obvious however.

I notice Pichou seems to hook the richedit dll because he has a dll in his distribution called RichEdHook.dll. He doesn't however expose any of this in his API that I can see.

Any help would be much appreciated. I even have a small budget to pay people if anybody is interested.

09-16-2005 04:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Ambitious new plugin
Patchou doesn't expose the messages sent for reasons I can't remember ATM. However, you can still get the text by using the Active Accessibility API.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-16-2005 04:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bigmog

O.P. RE: Ambitious new plugin
I'll check out the Active Accessibility API in more detail - I guess my real stumbling block is working out how to manipulate the rich text area to put animaged gifs in there and other rich content.

Maybe that's not possible but there probably is a way!

Bigmog!
09-16-2005 05:32 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by bigmog
I'll check out the Active Accessibility API in more detail - I guess my real stumbling block is working out how to manipulate the rich text area to put animaged gifs in there and other rich content.

Maybe that's not possible but there probably is a way!

Bigmog!

AFAIK it's possible, look at emoticons and custom emoticons.
[Image: 7.png]
09-16-2005 06:09 PM
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Concord Dawn
I guess my real stumbling block is working out how to manipulate the rich text area to put animaged gifs in there and other rich content.
I could help you with that when you're at that point... http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=49...d=520686#pid520686
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
09-16-2005 08:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bigmog

Thanks Juzzi - so do you know how to get at the message windows and put custom annimated gifs (emoticons) in them and also sound clips. I want to put a whole new set of emoticons in there but if the person receiving the emoticon doesn't have my plguin I want to display a link to the plugin instead!

If you are prepared to help me with this that would be great!
09-17-2005 07:49 AM
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
I can help you when you've fixed the first problem, obtaining a handle to the richedits. Then I can help you with inserting pictures etc.
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
09-17-2005 08:40 AM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
I can help you when you've fixed the first problem, obtaining a handle to the richedits. Then I can help you with inserting pictures etc.
MSN Chat windows use a windowless richedit control, so i dont think you can get a handle to them.  The way Patchou adds text to it is by hooking the creation of the control and getting a pointer to the ITextServices if i remember correctly.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
09-17-2005 10:14 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
If you can get an ITextServices via Active Accessibility, please let us know, as both me and Demps will like such info.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-17-2005 11:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bigmog

Yep I think one method to get a ITextServices is using COM hooking as described in http://www.thecodeproject.com/com/cominterfacehoo...xp=0&select=787796. However it might also be possible with Active Accessibility I'm going to check that out as it would be better to do it this way if it is.
09-17-2005 02:54 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: