What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » BUG??? Hotmail can delete ALL your contact list!!!

BUG??? Hotmail can delete ALL your contact list!!!
Author: Message:
:No-Frost:

Msg Plus! 2 Official Testers

41 / Male / –
O.P. BUG??? Hotmail can delete ALL your contact list!!!
Ok, yesterday I was doing some maintenance to my Hotmail account so I deleted all the contacts (I know, a very big mistake from my side) that was stored in my account... I logged out, and gone to sleep... Then, today, I open my MSN Messenger, I get online and SURPRISE all my msn contacts were deleted...

So, is this some kind of bug??? Because, when I deleted the contacts in hotmail I didn't get ANY KIND OF ADVICE about what could happen...

So... It's my fault?? or Hotmail fault????

Damn... I use to had more than 200 contacts... now I only had like ... 30...

Take a look at this to be carefull...

And if someone knows a better way to recover all my contacts than adding them one by one... please let me know :( :( :( :( :'(:'( ....
[Image: occl.png]
09-13-2005 05:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
booboo

I'm as honhest as the blue sky :P

RE: BUG??? Hotmail can delete ALL your contact list!!!
I think if you were signed into msn,and you deleted them from your hotmail it probaly would delete them from msn!. This is because if you've noticed it automatically add's addys from you msn address to your hotmail account so when you delete them from your hotmail account it deleted them on your msn account.
Because there like a pair arn't they!

If you think about it if it was the same email address you signed in with your msn it probaly would automatically delete them once you restart msn!

This post was edited on 09-13-2005 at 05:24 PM by booboo.
09-13-2005 05:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: BUG??? Hotmail can delete ALL your contact list!!!
Yeah, I think the same... but... Hotmail should make an advice or something to this kind of issue... I mean... Should say that "Be aware that signed into msn and hotmail could cause that if you delete your contacts, you can lose all your msn contacts" or something like that...

Sorry if my english is weird, but I'm chielan so my native language is spanish...
09-13-2005 05:26 PM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
ubieras visto algo asi, estabas en tus msn contacts? o sola mente en hotmail contatc?

you should have seen something like this, were u on ur msn contacs or msn contacs?
[Image: warning1ge.png]
[Image: guanako20.png]
09-13-2005 05:54 PM
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
to add them all back you can if oyu saved your contact list import it if not instead of adding each email which is slow you can goto tool>options>privacy and view whos lits your on and then right click on that name and add to contacts
09-13-2005 06:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report

41 / Male / –
thats a funny thing 2 xD... I can open any of the options in my MSN xD... only tab's place... but with stuffplug... all the others doesn't open xD...

That windows of "alert" doesn't showed up... just deleted all my contacts with out warning...
09-13-2005 06:55 PM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by :No-Frost:
saved your contact list import it if not instead of adding each email which is slow you can goto tool>options>privacy and view w

there is a bug with the stuffplug beta that if yu have the Tab Manager activated then it won't let you open any options in the MSN Messenger options panel except the personal tab... TheBlashpemer has been told about this and it's hopefully going to be fixed in the next release (when TB's wrist has healed and he can code again)
09-13-2005 09:53 PM

41 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
quote:
Originally posted by :No-Frost:
saved your contact list import it if not instead of adding each email which is slow you can goto tool>options>privacy and view w

there is a bug with the stuffplug beta that if yu have the Tab Manager activated then it won't let you open any options in the MSN Messenger options panel except the personal tab... TheBlashpemer has been told about this and it's hopefully going to be fixed in the next release (when TB's wrist has healed and he can code again)

I think that stuff plug has something to do with that xD... Well anyway, I'm kind of glad that this thing happened... Because now I had a clean MSN Contact list xD
09-16-2005 06:57 PM
KeeM

Self-proclaimed Genius

36 / Male / –
haha I'm getting flashbacks! :P Or well kinda, it works the same in Outlook, just so people know, when you open Outlook and have msn on you get your msn contacts in that little contact thingy in Outlook to, didnt know that so when I deleted those the msn list were gone! ;) Note that people, aint that fun!
Sit vis nobiscum
09-17-2005 09:07 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: