What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » messenger 7.5 help, changing msn name

messenger 7.5 help, changing msn name
Author: Message:
lefty17

O.P. messenger 7.5 help, changing msn name
I can use msn but not really because its no fun to use if you cant change your settings...when I click on my name near the top and then click 'personal settings' at the bottom, the grey box with all the options comes up but there is no 'okay' or 'cancel' buttons at the bottom ANYWHERE! This is a major problem, I can't change my msn name or any of my settings because the stupid grey box is too big for my screen, I tried dragging it upwards as far as I could, no luck. I think it is because of the fact that my monitor is old school and so small that my resolution is so low, but if I change the resolution my computer messes up. I have a right to use msn too, shouldnt the company make it accessible to be even with my resolution? is there anything I can do or any way to revert back to the old msn messenger, which didnt give me this problem?
help much appreciated.
09-18-2005 12:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
joao267

RE: messenger 7.5 help, changing msn name
Well, I don't understand everything (I'm portuguese). But If you can't change your name because the resolution. Try to write the name and than click enter.
You could try to update your Windows in http://www.windowsupdate.com instal the critical updates and in the optional updates may be there new drivers for your graphic card!
My PC is a little slow too, my graphic card is an Nvidia of 16mb. I can't play all the games, but I always update my windows, and install optional hardware updates. So my pc is better.
Try it.
And What's your Windows ???  98 SE? 

This post was edited on 09-18-2005 at 12:48 AM by joao267.
( Sorry any English mistake )
09-18-2005 12:46 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lefty17
I can use msn but not really because its no fun to use if you cant change your settings...when I click on my name near the top and then click 'personal settings' at the bottom, the grey box with all the options comes up but there is no 'okay' or 'cancel' buttons at the bottom ANYWHERE! This is a major problem, I can't change my msn name or any of my settings because the stupid grey box is too big for my screen, I tried dragging it upwards as far as I could, no luck. I think it is because of the fact that my monitor is old school and so small that my resolution is so low, but if I change the resolution my computer messes up. I have a right to use msn too, shouldnt the company make it accessible to be even with my resolution? is there anything I can do or any way to revert back to the old msn messenger, which didnt give me this problem?
help much appreciated.

If I understand right, what you really mean is that ur resolution is too small to be able to see the "Apply" button, well the only thing I could tell you is to try to press "Enter" on your keyboard, it should accept and savve the settings as if you had clicked "ok" :)
09-18-2005 03:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
I completly agree with what you are saying but here is a way around it. With the options window open press the ALT key on your keyboard then press the Space Bar. This should open the system menu. After its open press the letter M on your keyboard. This will allow you to move the window. Now press the UP arrow key and hold it. Once you have the buttons in sight press the Enter button on your keyboard.

What language of MSN Messenger are you using? English?
09-18-2005 05:00 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I had the same problem with my second computer (i put an old monitor on, a SeikoII), i changed the resolution to 800x600 pixels and the problem is gone. What do you mean when you say "my computer messes up"? See if using less colours (f.e. 256) helps it not mess up when you set 800x600 resolution.

This post was edited on 09-18-2005 at 10:36 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-18-2005 10:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lefty17

O.P. RE: RE: messenger 7.5 help, changing msn name
quote:
Originally posted by joao267
Well, I don't understand everything (I'm portuguese). But If you can't change your name because the resolution. Try to write the name and than click enter.
You could try to update your Windows in http://www.windowsupdate.com instal the critical updates and in the optional updates may be there new drivers for your graphic card!
My PC is a little slow too, my graphic card is an Nvidia of 16mb. I can't play all the games, but I always update my windows, and install optional hardware updates. So my pc is better.
Try it.
And What's your Windows ???  98 SE? 

I use windows XP. thanks for your input
09-18-2005 08:15 PM
lefty17

O.P. RE: RE: messenger 7.5 help, changing msn name
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
quote:
Originally posted by lefty17
help much appreciated.

If I understand right, what you really mean is that ur resolution is too small to be able to see the "Apply" button, well the only thing I could tell you is to try to press "Enter" on your keyboard, it should accept and savve the settings as if you had clicked "ok" :)

thanks! yeah that works
09-18-2005 08:16 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: