What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Incompatible with version MSN 7.5

Incompatible with version MSN 7.5
Author: Message:
ZeroKilled

O.P. Incompatible with version MSN 7.5
It might look like that the Messenger Plus version 3.54 is incompatible with the MSN Messenger 7.5 :( When I try to connect to my account, it stay there trying to connect and nothing else happens. Just once I could connect, the MSN Messenger behaved so weird and really really slow. So, I unistalled Messenger Plus to verify if there is something wrong and then I could use MSN Messenger normally. By the way, I'm using a plugIn called StuffPlug NG, so I'm not sure who is causing me the problem. Before updating to MSN 7.5, it was working perfect.

I had to change from MSN Messenger 7.0 to 7.5 'cause the Messenger requiered to be updated otherwise do not allowed me to connect. Now I have to use MSN Messenger without Messenger Plus, I deslike it :( There is any news that I should know about this? Or is just me?
(Sorry for my english, is not my primary language)
09-25-2005 07:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Incompatible with version MSN 7.5
Current Plus! isn't fully compatible with MSNM 7.5. If you still wish to run MSNM 7.5 then disable customnames in Plus! preferences (plus > preferences > contactlist > custom names), as this is what causes most of the problems. If besides Plus! you are using Stuffplug NG make sure you get the beta for MSNM 7.5 (oversized DPs cause these problems) at http://www.stuffplug.com wich is 95% compatible with MSNM 7.5 (only thing not working correctly is the ignore feature).

If you still wish to use customnames stick to MSNM 7.0.0816 till the new Plus! release at the 27th.

You did not have to update to MSNM 7.5 (it probably notified you about an update for 7.0, not necesarily meaning v. 7.5), you can still use MSNM 7.0.0816 if you wish (people with other OS'es than WinXP will have to aswell as 7.5 is only for Win XP). Just go to the MSN messenger site and change the OS (at the bottom of the page) after you click download. For WinXP choose the version for Win 2000 ;)

May i encourage you to use the search feature before posting, as this has already been answered many times before (almost every thread about MSN 7.5 is about the same thing), thank you.

This post was edited on 09-25-2005 at 10:46 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
09-25-2005 10:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: