What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Wanna be a Translator!

Wanna be a Translator!
Author: Message:
ikki007

O.P. Wanna be a Translator!
Hello,
I am a boy and i am doing Gymnasium..
I wanna give me up for the 'Dutch Translation' ..
Betá-testers or something is really good...

How do i come here?
Now.. i like this shit so i open the file:

Lang_Nederlands.ini

And.. in the head.. a link to here :D

Many Greetings Ikki!
11-04-2005 06:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Wanna be a Translator!
1. Your English is not very good.
2. We already have plenty dutch translators.

Although, you should spend some time on the forums, become a regular member. Then there may be a chance of becoming one.

* Stigmata gets our the phrase book..

1. Uw Engels is niet heel goed.
2. Wij hebben reeds talrijke Nederlandse vertalers.

Hoewel, zou u sommige tijd op de forums moeten uitgeven, word een regelmatig lid. Dan zou er kunnen zijn een kans van het worden van een.

This post was edited on 11-04-2005 at 07:24 AM by Stigmata.
11-04-2005 07:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Re-Mi

Formerly known as Simple me

44 / Male / –
almost stiggy, almost .

Hoewel, zou u sommige tijd op de forums moeten uitgeven, word een regelmatig lid. Dan zou er kunnen zijn een kans van het worden van een.

This sentence is better.

Hoewel, U zou enkele tijd op het forum kunnen doorbrengen, zou je dan een regelmatig terugkomend lid zijn. Dan is er een misschien een kans om er eentje te worden.

Simple me <=> Re-Mi should ask someone to change my name again
11-04-2005 09:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ikki007
I wanna give me up for the 'Dutch Translation' ..
Betá-testers or something is really good...
Being a translator and being a beta-tester are two totally different things. Although you could be both.

You become a translator by contacting the proper translator group or main-translator of the language you're interested in. And if you're language and translation skills are good (and you can be trusted with private non-public software), you may be asked to join the group if they need an extra translator.

You become a beta-tester if Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!) picks you out. This happens almost only if he knows you and trusts you.

For both of them, but especially for becomming a beta-tester, it is wise to participate in this forum and help people out the best you can. Essentially become a regular, as Stigmata suggested.

As for the Dutch translation, we don't have many translators. There used to be a time that there were many people in the translation group, but they all went inactive a long long time ago. Currently there is only one translator for the Dutch language and that's CookieRevised, so contact him and ask if you can join the Dutch translators group...**

------

------

** Ok, that was a lame joke :p

Anyways, currently I can handle the Dutch translation. Though, I've added you on my invite list in case I stop with the translation or in case I don't have the time anymore to translate Messenger Plus!.

Nevertheless, don't hesitate to report errors in the current translation or suggestions for the next one, even if they are very small or even if you think it isn't worth mentioning. Your input is very welcome and will always be considered. ;)

------

quote:
Originally posted by Simple me
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
almost stiggy, almost . This sentence is better:
Hoewel, U zou enkele tijd op het forum kunnen doorbrengen, zou je dan een regelmatig terugkomend lid zijn. Dan is er een misschien een kans om er eentje te worden.
Those sentences are almost equally bad though :P

quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
Als je nou gewoon zo vaak hier terugkomt dat iedereen je door en door kent zou je misschien een beta tester kunnen worden.

That's the correct translation
Sorry, but it isn't!

That's a very free translated version which is not totally what the English text says... In fact, it is twisted around and changed from meaning by adding the "beta-tester" stuff, which wasn't in the original sentence (the original English sentence was even put in a context of becomming translator, not beta-tester, if you look at the original post). Although gramatically your sentence is correct, the translated sentences done by Simple Me and Stigmata are far more correct in their meaning!

This post was edited on 11-06-2005 at 02:19 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-04-2005 05:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
J-Thread

– / Male / –
Als je nou gewoon zo vaak hier terugkomt dat iedereen je door en door kent zou je misschien een beta tester kunnen worden.

That's the correct translation(Y)

Also be able to speak dutch and do gymnasium doesn't say you're also good in english... And to translate you have to be able to handle both languages! And as said before, there are plenty of dutch people here (a lot of plugin developers are dutch...)
11-05-2005 10:55 PM
ikki007

O.P. RE: Wanna be a Translator!
Ik heb al wat verstuurd naar CookieRevised en hij heeft mij op z'n lijstje gezet!
11-06-2005 08:06 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: