What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Tabbed Convo

Tabbed Convo
Author: Message:
kurtcobainuk

38 / Male / –
O.P. Tabbed Convo
Is there a shortcut for me to go from convo to convo? I don't like using my mouse.

Only alt tab doesn't work.
09-27-2005 11:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: Tabbed Convo
Taken from the change log:

• You can browse your tabbed chats with two sets of keys: Ctrl+PageUp / Ctrl+PageDown and Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab. The later can be disabled with the AllowGroupCtrlTab registry setting if you want to keep Ctrl+Tab to insert tab characters in your messages.

• You can use Ctrl+Alt+Tab to go to the next flashing chat or to restore the original chat window when no more flashing windows are present. This shortcut is very useful when talking to a lot of people.

• Left clicking on a chat button puts the chat on front, middle clicking on a chat closes it and right clicking displays a context menu with several options. Ctrl+Left Click detaches a chat from a group.

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 11:35 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
09-27-2005 11:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
roc

Laugh

– / Male / –
"Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab" is usually shortcut for switching but I think the shortcut "F3 & F4" in last beta version is much more conveniently :)
09-27-2005 01:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by roc
"Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab" is usually shortcut for switching but I think the shortcut "F3 & F4" in last beta version is much more conveniently :)
it is also totally not a standard shortcut. While you might find it convenient, millions of people are use to CTRL+(SHIFT)+TAB and CTRL+PGUP/DN as it is that what is used in tabbed browsing and thruout Windows itself in tabbed controls.

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 02:42 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-27-2005 02:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Knad

i agree with roc....F3 and F4 where easier......maybe add an option to swap? or a plugin?
[Image: sigg.png]
09-27-2005 02:55 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
F3 is usually associated for searching... It's not a good idea to break existing or standard used shortcuts in Windows.

Anyways, yes, maybe it is a good idea for a futur release that a registry tweak is included where you can set your preferred shortcuts. But if and when it is added, be very carefull in assigning anything. Many shortcuts are already been used thruout windows and are standard in many applications (like the CTRL+TAB, CTRL+PGDN for tabbed browsing); it is best that you learn (or don't forget about) to use the standard shortcuts so you don't get into bad habbits (eg: F3/F4 wont work in your browser when you want to switch tabs there) ;)

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 04:04 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-27-2005 04:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: