What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Status change suck

Status change suck
Author: Message:
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. Status change suck
When I set a custom status fx. sleep, it's working well. But when the MSN goes offline for 1 or 2 min (because of connection lost) and then automatically sign back, my status change back to available, and everybody think I've awaken and start sending me mesages. This is a great suck for me! Please, please, pleeeease, try to fix it!!!
Thank you!
[Image: MoZo1_siggy.jpg]
09-26-2005 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Status change suck
It's not a plus problem, its your internet connection,

As soon as it disconnects and reconnects, MSN will change you to whatever status you have when you want to sign in
09-26-2005 03:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
Additionally, there's a Registry option that can let the custom status tag when you reconnect...

Your status will be "Online", I think, but the custom tag will still be there.

I suggest you use Plus! Tweak! to change the registry values. The complete list of Registry values for MsgPlus! is here.

The key you want to look at is ResetNameTag. (Y)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-26-2005 03:54 PM
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Status change suck
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
It's not a plus problem, its your internet connection,

As soon as it disconnects and reconnects, MSN will change you to whatever status you have when you want to sign in

I guess, I have better connection than you. The problem is usually with the MSN main server what goes offline/overloaded. Or sometimes my FTP server overload my connection for 4 or 5 secs. But it's not only my problem: A lot of ADSL connection have a 24 hour time limit (not mine :D). After it, you can reconnect.
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Additionally, there's a Registry option that can let the custom status tag when you reconnect...

Your status will be "Online", I think, but the custom tag will still be there.

I suggest you use Plus! Tweak! to change the registry values. The complete list of Registry values for MsgPlus! is here.

The key you want to look at is ResetNameTag. (Y)

If you would be a one of the Plus!'s programers, it would not be so good. I don't want to suck with registry, or at least only once after installation. I would be happy if the Messenger Plus! would have an option which would allow me to reconnect with the last state. And as you see, this problem affect a lot of man with the time limit, not only me. :p They cannot use the custom states if they are not at the comp because it will change. I'am not f*cking you with some kind of sh*t!
So: Thank you!!!

This post was edited on 09-26-2005 at 04:49 PM by MoZo1.
09-26-2005 04:46 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MoZo1
If you would be a one of the Plus!'s programers, it would not be so good. I don't want to suck with registry, or at least only once after installation. I would be happy if the Messenger Plus! would have an option which would allow me to reconnect with the last state. And as you see, this problem affect a lot of man with the time limit, not only me. They cannot use the custom states if they are not at the comp because it will change. I'am not f*cking you with some kind of sh*t!
So: Thank you!!!
Um, what? O.o I don't understand much of what you're saying. And Patchou is the only programmer of MsgPlus!

Anyway...

The option is already there, as I mentioned in my previous post.

If you download Plus! Tweak! you don't have to use the Registry directly, that's the advantage of using it. (Y)

This post was edited on 09-26-2005 at 05:04 PM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-26-2005 05:02 PM
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Anyway...

The option is already there, as I mentioned in my previous post.

If you download Plus! Tweak! you don't have to use the Registry directly, that's the advantage of using it. (Y)

Omfg. Please, just try to realize that I'am a stupid noob. I could use that program to change my status there too in case of logging back, but I don't want. I simply want the Plus! to use my last status if I've changed allready it in the program. I could use the MSN to send sounds as wav, but I don't wan't it too and I use the Plus!. I'am a stupid noob for this too. I just would like to say thanks for a plugin or rather an integrated option to use my last status to login without anything else.

And about that programming thing:
The Plus! makes my life easyer, and I say thank you for this! You would not do it, and I prefer to say nothing for it.
09-26-2005 06:42 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
This issue with Messenger 7.5 has been fixed in Messenger Plus! 3.60, I suggest you to go download it now at mess.be :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-26-2005 10:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
This issue with Messenger 7.5 has been fixed in Messenger Plus! 3.60, I suggest you to go download it now at mess.be :).

So I say a verry big thank you for this:
Thank you!
09-26-2005 11:18 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: