What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature request: multiple auto-logins

Feature request: multiple auto-logins
Author: Message:
mass

O.P. Feature request: multiple auto-logins
With MSN messenger, I know that you can get it to automatically signin to a certain address when u turn the computer on. However, I have 2 addresses which I would like to automatically signin on their own without me having to open it up and do it manually. I don't mean just a polygammy cos that'll just allow me to use more than 1 msn, I want to use more than 1 msn and sign in automatcially with a different address each time i start my pc

Does such a program exist which allows you to do this or would it be possible to program this into Plus!?

I have Messenger Plus 3.60 and MSN 7.5

Any help would be great
09-27-2005 04:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
RE: Feature request: multiple auto-logins
Well stuffplug lets you have more then one MSN open at a time im not sure you can change their settings seperatly though...:S

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

09-27-2005 04:20 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
Well stuffplug lets you have more then one MSN open at a time im not sure you can change their settings seperatly though...:S
they are plenty of patches, plugins and addons which let you do that. But this isn't the issue here ;)

The question is if there are any polygamy plugins/addons which also let you automatically sign in. The answer is no...

Passwords and logins, needed to signin, are stored in Windows Credentials, not by MSN Messenger itself. Unfortunatly there can only be 1 association with a .NET Passport on an account in Windows. It is this associated passport/login that gets auto-logged in (if you set it so).

To have two .NET passports auto-log in, you need to get the password and login from somewhere and currently this isn't stored.

There could be made a plugin or addon where you need to enter your details once and then it mimics the pressing of the "sign me in" button though. But as far as I'm aware, no such plugin or addon exists. (Though, there once was a plugin which stored those extra passwords for the other msn messenger accounts, but it wasn't able to sign them in automatically).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-27-2005 04:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mass

O.P. RE: RE: Feature request: multiple auto-logins
quote:
There could be made a plugin or addon where you need to enter your details once and then it mimics the pressing of the "sign me in" button though. But as far as I'm aware, no such plugin or addon exists.

Something like this would probably be what I need.  Is there anyone that could make a plugin as described above or would it be possible to add it into a new version patchou?
09-27-2005 05:27 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
The only way that I know of doing this is to use both MSN and Win Messenger
my bad

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 05:56 PM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
09-27-2005 05:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
The only way that I know of doing this is to use both MSN and Win Messenger
no it isn't... As I explained, the .NET Passport and login are stored in the Windows Credentials. This is part of Windows itself. Both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger use these same Windows Credentials and there can only be 1 associated .NET Passport.
09-27-2005 05:50 PM
mass

O.P. RE: Feature request: multiple auto-logins
Can anyone hack the windows credentials then? :P
09-27-2005 06:01 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mass
Can anyone hack the windows credentials then? :P
lol, unless you are able to rewrite half the Windows core (if not more), be my guest :P (the Windows Crendentials is a very major and criticial part of how Windows and its user accounts works)
Untill then, only Microsoft can do this...

And we can only make a dodgy work-a-round (mimic the pressing of a button or what not) to be able to auto-sign in simultaniously with two msn messenger accounts.

PS: you might want to suggest this to the MSN Messenger team though. The more people suggest it, the more it is likely to be added: http://messenger.msn.com/help/contactus.aspx

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 06:46 PM by CookieRevised.
09-27-2005 06:39 PM
mass

O.P. RE: Feature request: multiple auto-logins
Ok cheers.  Everyone else do the same too :p  Go on, you know you want to
09-27-2005 06:44 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Although I doubt that it ever will because this also requires running multiple msn messengers (aka polygamy). And this is explicitly prevented in MSN Messenger for several reasons. If it was abslutely safe to run two msn messengers at the same time they would never included something to explicitly prevent that (after all Windows is based upon multi-tasking and running several programs together).

As long as they don't include polygamy (aka remove the previous program instance check), there is no hope what-so-ever that something like multiple auto-logins will be added.

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 06:47 PM by CookieRevised.
09-27-2005 06:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: