What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Blocked site?

Blocked site?
Author: Message:
Valkyrie

O.P. Blocked site?
Hello!

I just went to the msgplus.net site and when i pressed Download for the new version, an error came saying that your current settings prohibit you from doing it.. i noticed in the bottom right of IE that it was on a Restricted Site and after going into the setting i found that msgplus.net was on a blocked site and so had to remove it from the huge list of sites so i can dload the file. I have no idea where all those blocked sites came from but any ideas why msgplus was also blocked?

:)
09-29-2005 07:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Blocked site?
You probably installed some dodgy "protection" software that changed your IE settings and blocked a lot of sites such as msgplus.net (because of the optional sponsor). I would be interested to know which software actually :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-29-2005 10:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Valkyrie

O.P. RE: Blocked site?
Hi!

Only adware stuff i have is Spybot.. i did have the MS Antispyware thingy majig but that was a load of BS and grinded my pc to a halt so i got rid of that as quickly as i could (which was v.slow... after a few minutes for taskman to load and then few more minutes to select the MS Antispyware program to kill and to kill it itself... made me suicidal! :p ) don't know if either of those two would do anything?

:)
09-29-2005 10:33 PM
ajay

well unblock the virus protector and then download
09-30-2005 09:57 AM
JDawg_0789

35 / Male / –
Remove the regkeys for MS Antispyware...MS usually tends to add extra stuff so bits and pieces of the prog are still left...and if you're going to block sites, I suggest doing it manually...you have stricter control that way.
09-30-2005 02:21 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
PeerGuardian2 blocks access to msgplus.net sometimes (if you have http blocking enabled)
09-30-2005 05:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: