What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed Convos - Last Message

Tabbed Convos - Last Message
Author: Message:
VRocker

35 / Male / –
O.P. Tabbed Convos - Last Message
Hi, i have recently noticed this bug on the tabbed conversations. Before i explain what it is heres what i'm using:

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0306
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.60.0144 (Mess.be edition)

Now, the bug isn't really a big thing and i'm not really moaning about it but if you hover over the persons name in tabbed convo's it comes up last message then how long it's been since that person last talked to you. now the problem occurs there. hover over and watch it. it couunts up but not to 59seconds then 1 minute. it goes to 89 seconds then 1 minute :s

Like i said its not big but i'm just pointing it out :)
[Image: vrocker.png]
09-30-2005 09:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Tabbed Convos - Last Message
Thats not a bug, its a feature :P. I'm not sure why it was done like that, but the seconds make it possibly easier for the contacts to know the exact length of time since they replied. hmm :P, but yes know that that was deliberete.

Note that it does keep accurate time, it just goes to 89 seconds then switches over to "1 minute(s) ago", when it says "2 minute(s) ago" it is exactly 2 minutes since the contact replied not 90 + 60 seconds :).

Edit: I was just talking to Sunshine and we are not positive of this, but it may be MSN Messenger itself keeps this count for Plus! and Plus grabs this time and displays it in the hoverover. Your better to wait for Patchou though :)

This post was edited on 09-30-2005 at 09:57 PM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
09-30-2005 09:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: