What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Trouble Installing Levelten Hit Counter

Trouble Installing Levelten Hit Counter
Author: Message:
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Trouble Installing Levelten Hit Counter
I found the website access tracker Levelten Hit Counter, and it seems to meet my needs.

I tried installing it following the installation instructions in the online (only) help.
Note: There is a CGI and a PHP/MySQL version available. I have the PHP version, but in the documentation, the instructions for both are mixed up sometimes.

I can't get it to work. The instruction say to chmod the files to 751, 755, or 777. It tells me that I must upload the gifs and swfs in binary mode (duh), and that I may upload the php/html files in ASCII mode. I've always uploaded everything in binary mode before. The first step says to give it it's own directory, L10Apps, but I'd rather have it run from my webspace root.

I've tried installing it with every possible combination of all these things, but it doesn't go. In my browser it sometimes gives me an error message and tells me to set the correct permissions, and it would sometimes just load a blank page (391 bytes would download and it would be done). I think this is what happens when there is a PHP error on the server. I'm hosted at Exetel as part of my internet access fee, and they run PHP in safe mode.

If you want any information that I've missed just ask and I'll add it or try to find out if I don't know.

This post was edited on 10-03-2005 at 11:46 AM by rav0.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
10-03-2005 11:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Trouble Installing Levelten Hit Counter
Erm ... i could give you a free easy php script (made by -dt-) you probs running it .... it will just count and display it whenever you call it .....
need it ??
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
10-03-2005 07:43 PM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Trouble Installing Levelten Hit Counter
I could use it for now (yes I want it).

I still want to get L10HC working.

This post was edited on 10-04-2005 at 01:23 AM by rav0.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
10-03-2005 11:09 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: