What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Is there a way? Showing previous convo in new convo etc..

Is there a way? Showing previous convo in new convo etc..
Author: Message:
Max M4X WW

O.P. Is there a way? Showing previous convo in new convo etc..
Hi, I love the feature on MSN that reminds you of what you were last talking about.

But to use this you have to have MSN chat logs on, The problem is these are not password protected.

Is there anyway of adding a password to them, or getting an add-on for Messenger Plus to do the 'last convo' thing as msg-plus has password protection!

Thanks 8-|
[Image: white-sig.jpg]
10-07-2005 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Is there a way? Showing previous convo in new convo etc..
quote:
Originally posted by Max M4X WW
Hi, I love the feature on MSN that reminds you of what you were last talking about.

But to use this you have to have MSN chat logs on, The problem is these are not password protected.

Is there anyway of adding a password to them
No

quote:
or getting an add-on for Messenger Plus to do the 'last convo' thing as msg-plus has password protection!
Almost inpossible to do (concearning you also want to combine this with password protection).

This is because each logged convo can have its own password. A plugin (or Messenger Plus! itself for that matter) can not know what password was used to encrypt the log, thus it also can't apply the password automatically. In other words, it would ask you each time, thus totally defeating the purpose of this plugin...

Furthermore, the encryption/decryption of the Messenger Plus! logs is only known by Patchou; a plugin can't decrypt encrypted logs on its own, it needs to let Messenger Plus! do that...

It would only automatically work in a specific situation where you always used the same password. In that case the plugin could do it, but the methods used would be rather crappy IMO as you need to let Messenger Plus! do the encryption, then obtain the temporary decrypted file and the lines you want, then kill the output window (by default notepad) which Messenger Plus! will produce to show the decrypted log. This all takes time, and by that time the user might as well already closed the convo window again, etc... etc... there are lots of issues with this method...

In short, no, unless Patchou himself adds this as a feature to Messenger Plus!...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-07-2005 01:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
RE: Is there a way? Showing previous convo in new convo etc..
I would like it if plus had Text recall from the conversation before.

[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
10-07-2005 02:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Max M4X WW

O.P. RE: Is there a way? Showing previous convo in new convo etc..
I basicly dont want people reading my convos, I didnt mean entering a password each time. Just that either Messenger Plus had the recall feature or a way of password protecting the msn logs.
[Image: white-sig.jpg]
10-07-2005 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Is there a way? Showing previous convo in new convo etc..
quote:
I didnt mean entering a password each time.
It must do this if the curent pwd fails and if you want what you want as each encrypted convo can have a different password.

quote:
Just that either Messenger Plus had the recall feature
Only if Patchou implements this. But again, this will ask the pwd each time if the current pwd fails...

(then again, it could provide an option where it doesn't show the logs in that case. But as you can see, it isn't so trait forward to implement something like this; there are many issues and possible 'problems' which need to be taken into account.)

quote:
or a way of password protecting the msn logs.
Impossible. Otherwise the logs aren't MSN Messenger XML logs anymore...

This post was edited on 10-07-2005 at 02:46 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-07-2005 02:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: