What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Some questions

Some questions
Author: Message:
abaddon

O.P. Some questions
Ok my freinds have told me about Messenger Plus and ive just installed it but it says that if i install the sponsor adware i get it for free. I dont want it on but will i have to pay for Messenger Plus? If so how do i remove it?
10-07-2005 06:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Some questions
You don't have to install the sponsor program, simply start the installer, and press "i refuse to install the sponsor" then press next, the sponsor program is optional, and messenger plus! is freeware, so you will never have to pay for it.
10-07-2005 06:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
abaddon

O.P. RE: Some questions
Thanks very much for the quick reply. Its kinda worrying sometimes downloading other things
10-07-2005 06:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by abaddon
Thanks very much for the quick reply. Its kinda worrying sometimes downloading other things

as long as you read the installation you will be fine :)
10-07-2005 06:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by abaddon
Ok my freinds have told me about Messenger Plus and ive just installed it but it says that if i install the sponsor adware i get it for free. I dont want it on but will i have to pay for Messenger Plus? If so how do i remove it?
It is no-where stated that you'll get Plus! for free if you install the sponsor! Messenger Plus! is completely free as it is, with or without the optional sponsor.

What is stated is: To keep Plus! free you could install the optional sponsor. If you do, you support Messenger Plus!. But installing the optional sponsor is by no means mandatory to install/use Plus!.

The sponsor is completely optional and Plus! will not have more/less feature if you did/did not install the sponsor. Messenger Plus! does not depend on the sponsor to be installed, to install or to work; it will function 100% and 100% the same.

That's a huge difference...

;)

Can I ask what language you set the installer to? Was it in the English version or did you choose some specific language? This is very important, as it may be possible that the translators did not correctly translated the original text (and thus you misinterpreted it).

This post was edited on 10-09-2005 at 06:42 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-09-2005 06:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: