What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! and download.com

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus! and download.com
Author: Message:
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! and download.com
quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
A petition will not work in this case.

It is completely different from the Microsoft issue.

Download.com has a new policy in place which they have every right to have. (the zero-tolerance policy)

Microsoft incorrectly recognised plus as spyware. Two completely different issues.

Its not worth persuing this really. Download.com can enforce whatever they damn like. They will not accept plus! as that would undermine their entire policy on the issue.

Besides, i doubt we need it on there anyway.
I know that this is kinda different compared to the MSAS issue, but if Plus! can be submitted to download.com, more people will be using Plus!.

I can see that most newbies and prolly some professional will go to download.com if they are looking for a software.

If download.com is applying the zero tolerance policy, why then is Sun CD/DVD Burner in the software list?
That means they are not consistent in their own policy.

You know what, forget about it...  :gfdrin:
I just think that it is good to have Plus! in download.com's database, but Plus! has already been accepted widely with millions of downloads. So, maybe that's fine.
Registered 7646 days, 2 hours, 34 minutes, 45 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

10-08-2005 02:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! and download.com
If you remember download.com rea-dded messenger plus! under a different creators name it then was removed a few days later :)
10-08-2005 02:33 PM
Impheatus

40 / Male / –
Let's wait for Patchou to answer to this thread, because he once said that he didn't care abour being removed from download.com since he was not getting enough downloads from this site.
10-08-2005 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
If you remember download.com rea-dded messenger plus! under a different creators name it then was removed a few days later :)
That was someone else, I believe. And it wasn't MsgPlus!.... I think it was the Advanced Messenger Plus (something else).

Anyway, it's Patchou, and he only the one that has the power to add the program on DL.com (regarding it is accepted by the mods of that site).

However, I don't see the positive impact in that. Many people will rate it low because they can't or couldn't read the sponsor agreement screen, and it will give a bad idea to new potential users...

Then there'll be fights about "user xxx doesn't know what he's talking about", etc.

I think it's good with the msgplus.net/.com sites and mouth to mouth distribution...

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

10-08-2005 02:52 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
That was someone else, I believe. And it wasn't MsgPlus!.... I think it was the Advanced Messenger Plus (something else).
No, check this thread: Plus! back on Download.com
10-09-2005 04:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I think this is like a school situation where you're friend got a better mark than you, just because the teacher forgot to mark a mistake..

Telling DL.com that they got othes spyware/adware or wte it rlly is, will probably (not to say surely) not get msgplus! back, only get the other software off..
10-09-2005 05:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
No, check this thread: Plus! back on Download.com
Oh right, still... There's a perfect example of how people will start a comments fight about it...

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

10-09-2005 12:44 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
If you got problems with it, then do as lp15 suggested. Tell Download.com that there is another "potential dangerous" download on their servers...

I agree with Leo here:
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Anyway, it's Patchou, and he only the one that has the power to add the program on DL.com (regarding it is accepted by the mods of that site).

However, I don't see the positive impact in that. Many people will rate it low because they can't or couldn't read the sponsor agreement screen, and it will give a bad idea to new potential users...

Then there'll be fights about "user xxx doesn't know what he's talking about", etc.

I think it's good with the msgplus.net/.com sites and mouth to mouth distribution...
Plus doesn't need Download.com and certainly doesn't need the bad reps from people who can't read...

This post was edited on 10-09-2005 at 01:20 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-09-2005 01:19 PM
zaidgs

– / Male / –
shit download.com!! i knew i cannot trust all content on tht site to be 100% spyware free!! i wonder why they havent banned tht one yet! their zero-tolerance policy is so debatable......
10-09-2005 10:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: