What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: Hide Contacts / Group

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Suggestion: Hide Contacts / Group
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: Hide Contacts / Group
tbh, Miranda isn't MSN Messenger. And I can think of a douzen things that the people of Miranda could implement and add to the already existing features. The point is, this is MSN Messenger, and it works like it works and has already tons of possebilities.

People will always come up with strange new stuff to add which only a few people would actually use (I wonder how many people actually use or even know the build-in features of MSN Messenger regarding this...). Some suggestions are so specific or are so extremely close to already existing features that it is useless to add them, unless you wanna bloat a program.

In MSN Messenger (and also in combination with Plus!) there are already many ways you can do what is suggested in this thread. Simply learn to use and get used to them.

I very strongly doubt something will be added for this in Messenger Plus!...

If you wanna hide offline contacts, select the option I mentionned in my previous post and hide the offline group. It can't be easier than that as it is already there and does exactly what you want.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-09-2005 06:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Impheatus

40 / Male / –
Ok, here is the difference:
- "Hide" is NOT the same as "collapse"
- "Show" is NOT the same as "expand"

Maybe with the screenshots you can understand what we are trying to explain.

That is the actual size of my Main contact list (MCL), and I'm using the option to "Show large display pictures". I don't want to make my MCL bigger, that's big enough for me.
The groups take almost all the height of the MCL. If I want to expand a group that is almost at the end of the list, like in my case, the "TEC" group, I would only be able to see 3 users without having to scroll the window down.
The thing is that I usually don't use the "CS", "Familia", "Internet", "Otros", "Queretanas", "Torreon", "Mobile"and "Offline" groups BUT I want them in case I need to talk to one of the users inside one of this groups.
If those groups had the option to be hidden, then I would be able to see more users at the same time without having to scroll the window and my MCL would not look bloated of groups.

(Check screenshot)

Or maybe if a tree view could be implemented, then we could place "Useless" groups in the "Useless" main group.

.png File Attachment: Screenshot.PNG (64.2 KB)
This file has been downloaded 170 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-09-2005 at 07:43 PM by Impheatus.
10-09-2005 07:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Then rename your groups so they aren't listed first :rolleyes:
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-09-2005 08:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Impheatus

40 / Male / –
LOL!
It's a nice idea, but you have to admit that "hidding" groups is also a good suggestion.

This post was edited on 10-09-2005 at 08:15 PM by Impheatus.
10-09-2005 08:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: