What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Orange Flash with tabs

Orange Flash with tabs
Author: Message:
basad

O.P. Orange Flash with tabs
Hello everybody !
I have a problem with Messenger Plus tabs. When I got a message, the orange light on my task bar is on ONLY if the discussion is active. If I receive a new message from another contact the window isn't orange, I miss some mess with that.
Is there something I can do ?

Thanks,

Baptiste

PS : Sorry for my poor English !
10-09-2005 04:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Orange Flash with tabs
It was purposely made like that... There is a 15 second delay when one of the background conversations becomes active. After 15 seconds it jumps to the front.
10-09-2005 05:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
basad

O.P. RE: RE: Orange Flash with tabs
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
It was purposely made like that... There is a 15 second delay when one of the background conversations becomes active. After 15 seconds it jumps to the front.

Thank you very much I haven't seen that ! :$
10-09-2005 05:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Orange Flash with tabs
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
It will flash, there's just a 15 second delay, after that, it will also automatically bring that conversation to the front.

Unless you switch off that option (Plus > Preferences > Instant Messages > Tabbed Chats > "Auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"), but this would mean there will be no more taskbar flashes for unfocused chats. If you are experiencing no flashes at all you may wanna check if that setting isn't disabled.

You can also change the delay if you wish to do so, either manually or with Plus! Tweaker (this program changes the registry settings for you). The regkey you're looking for is called GroupAutoSwitchDelay.

To download Plus! Tweaker or for more information about this regkey see the official help page of Registry Tweaks
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-09-2005 06:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: