What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Enhancment for Messenger Plus

Enhancment for Messenger Plus
Author: Message:
pdummy2

O.P. Enhancment for Messenger Plus
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there's no forum or link on the website for suggestions or enhancements. Hopefully this thread doesn't get lost in the pile and someone of importance reads this!

I like seeing what new photos people post as their display pic. It would be nice if Messenger Plus automatically downloaded new display photos of contacts. Right now you can only grab these photos if you start a conversation or look at their contact card - a bit of an inconvenience.

Well hopefully someone on the Plus! team reads this and if you are a team member, keep up the good work!
10-16-2005 11:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Enhancment for Messenger Plus
Get stuffplug...

www.stuffplug.com

There is a display picture stealer on there...

You're not actually stealing their dp's... but you can save them onto a place of your choice on your computer... They are actually stored in a temp folder no matter what... I believe...
10-17-2005 02:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Enhancment for Messenger Plus
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
You're not actually stealing their dp's... but you can save them onto a place of your choice on your computer... They are actually stored in a temp folder no matter what... I believe...

yep, thats correct. MSN Messenger saves all display pictures in a temporary folder (thats cleared when you clear IE's cache) to save bandwidth (so you don't have to redownload each user's pic until they change it).

quote:
Originally posted by pdummy2
I like seeing what new photos people post as their display pic. It would be nice if Messenger Plus automatically downloaded new display photos of contacts. Right now you can only grab these photos if you start a conversation or look at their contact card - a bit of an inconvenience.

So you would like Msgplus to automatically download everyone's on your contact's list display pictures so you can see new ones in your contact list without having to open up a new conversation to see updated dps? I can see how that would be useful, but Msgplus wouldn't be able to tell when a user updates their DP as far as i know without having to keep an open connection to all contacts on your list (which is unreasonable due to bandwidth issues with the MSN Messenger servers).
Segosa is newb.
10-17-2005 06:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: