What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Chat Encryption

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Chat Encryption
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Chat Encryption
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
quote:
It is only DURING/AFTER they have a STRONG suspicion or EVIDENCE of a CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL that they authorize/request logging of conversations. AND ONLY THOSE CONVERSATIONS, nothing more.
Your words not mine. And lets face it. People want me to prove they do . Prove to me they dont. You do not work for microsoft so you cannot say for sure they dont. Now prove they dont lol.
What on earth don't you understand about the bold words???????? I even had put them in bold because I anticipated you would, again, pull things out of context... djeez...

or as Sunshine put it more clearly:
quote:
ONLY if you are a criminal and a request has been made and aproved by the government to log your chats, only then they will be logged.
And that is something completely different than what has been claimed by paranoids...

Plz, learn how to read and interpret stuff, as I have always said the very same things from post one; I have nothing "admitted", changed, twisted or whatever at all...

------------

quote:
Originally posted by s7a5
I wasn't trying to prove that they do it whenever they want just because they are interested in the contents of your conversation.
eeerrrmm:
quote:
Originally posted by s7a5
no, i was talking about smth that encrypts messages while they are being sent through msn servers. As you might be aware that all chats are actually loged by msn.

This post was edited on 10-14-2005 at 10:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-14-2005 10:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dreaded

RE: Chat Encryption
Ok my bad I went and read your first post again, you did say they would log.

quote:
2) If they would do that without reasons they will get sued like nobody has ever been sued before

quote:
Logging traffic like this is absolutely illegal, unless the feds have got a very good reasons to do so.

What I say still goes. If you want me to prove they do then you have to prove to me that they don't. Bottom line no one that has posted as far as I know works for microsoft and has not said they have. No one has said yes I do work for ms and that he/she knows for a fact they do not. No one has said they have emailed or called ms and said and have confirmed they don't.
10-15-2005 02:48 AM
brian

– / Male / –
To be honest, who cares to encrypt or what?  You're not going to send like CC numbers or such..
10-15-2005 02:50 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
What I say still goes. If you want me to prove they do then you have to prove to me that they don't. Bottom line no one that has posted as far as I know works for microsoft and has not said they have. No one has said yes I do work for ms and that he/she knows for a fact they do not. No one has said they have emailed or called ms and said and have confirmed they don't.
You are the one thinking they log, so why don't you call them yourself? You started by saying they do log, so you are the one to proove they do first, we have seen no proof sofar!

Think rationally for a bit:
1. There are millions of people using MSNM every day, how much space would it take to save all those logs if they would? You don't seriously believe Microsoft (or anybody for that matter) would spend money on something as useless as that now do you?
2. What use are the logs of an average joe to them? They don't know you, what's it to them who you talk to and about what? "Hi, how was your day, bladi bladi bla?" Ohh how interesting :mipdodgy:
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-15-2005 11:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dreaded

Like I said you before Bottom line no one that has posted as far as I know works for microsoft and has not said they have. No one has said yes I do work for ms and that he/she knows for a fact they do not. No one has said they have emailed or called ms and said and have confirmed they don't. You want to find out what all they log you call. I dont care what you or anyone else says till you get something from microsoft saying what they do or do not log.
10-15-2005 12:01 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Like I said you before Bottom line no one that has posted as far as I know works for microsoft and has not said they have. No one has said yes I do work for ms and that he/she knows for a fact they do not. No one has said they have emailed or called ms and said and have confirmed they don't. You want to find out what all they log you call. I dont care what you or anyone else says till you get something from microsoft saying what they do or do not log.
You are the one who wants to know, not us.
You want to find out what all they log you call.

This post was edited on 10-15-2005 at 12:08 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-15-2005 12:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dreaded

Where have I said I wanted to know? I already know what I need to know. All I have said is if your want me to prove they do then prove to me they dont. Do you work for microsof and know?
10-15-2005 12:57 PM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
Where have I said I wanted to know? I already know what I need to know. All I have said is if your want me to prove they do then prove to me they dont. Do you work for microsof and know?
You have given us no proof as to whether or not the people at MSN are logging our conversations.

There isn't really a need for encrypting the messages sent through the server. I doubt it would be made.

This post was edited on 10-15-2005 at 01:11 PM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
10-15-2005 01:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I already know what I need to know. All I have said is if your want me to prove they do then prove to me they dont.
Believe whatever you want, that is your perfect right...

However, the main issue is that we really don't need people like you spreading these urban myths (as this costs us time to correct these, time we could have spend helping other people out).

If you want to believe Big Brother is watching you, then fine. If you want to be the paranoid, fine... But please don't infect and scare other people with that nonsense unless YOU have SOLID proof for it...

This post was edited on 10-15-2005 at 02:29 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-15-2005 02:17 PM
dreaded

Well linx05 if there is no need why do other messengers have it built in. And no one said you had to post back anything CookieRevised. And you have not given me any proof that they dont linx05. I am not scaring anyone. This is the last post I will make. Cause it obivious no one can or want to prove each other wrong lol.
10-15-2005 03:00 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: