What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Opening when offline...

Opening when offline...
Author: Message:
Cearta

41 / Male / –
O.P. Happy  Opening when offline...
Hello everyone just something i've noticed when using Messenger Plus with stuff plug an latest msn, I have looked around the forum an havent seen this already, well not excatly like this.. anyway when online this one contact apparently opens a window on me, now before you comment there, the catch is they are offline to me, it says XYZ has opened a window, but XYZ is not offline, this only has happened with one person an has happened about the same time of the day, with few hours on 2 different days an XYZ hasnt been online for about 3 days now, I clicked on teh window last time it happened, last night, an wrote "." , I could wrtie to them even when they where offline, then XYZ has left teh convo with about 10-15 secs of the message, ok what am asking is whats with that??

Ok another thing which I have seen bits on around here is the times am chatting to people an it pops up with ABC open window, even if the window is open, an NO DP have been changed to allow downloading of new ones, an no window is apparently closed an we have been talking for several minutes, It usely only happens with one person, not the same person as the above section, is it they closed window is not coming up an window is really been closed, or is it just another one of the flaws in the thingy... I have looked an didnt see anything excatly like this...
10-15-2005 05:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Opening when offline...
I guess you're talking about StuffPlugg's open window notifier.

That feature is very unreliable and will not work 100%!!! TB especially removed this feature because of that. But because so many people where whining about it got removed, TB re-added it, eventhough it is buggy and not reliable...

In other words, do not trust upon what you see in relation to this open window thing.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-15-2005 05:34 PM
Cearta

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Opening when offline...
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I guess you're talking about StuffPlugg's open window notifier.

That feature is very unreliable and will not work 100%!!! TB especially removed this feature because of that. But because so many people where whining about it got removed, TB re-added it, eventhough it is buggy and not reliable...

In other words, do not trust upon what you see in relation to this open window thing.

Thnx yeah I tend not to believe it, just the open window when someone was offline was odd..
10-15-2005 05:40 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
That person could've used Stuffplug too, and by blocking you he could appear offline but still be able to talk to you...
By the way, even if the window opened notifier is unreliable, this still would not result in someone really being offline somehow opening convos with you
[Image: theblasp.png]
10-15-2005 11:13 PM
Nitemistress

Do your parents know you read this?

66 / Female / –
It will also say that 'x' is opening a conversation with you if that person is simply sitting in the 'show offline' mode when your messenger and theirs first connects in order to get the display picture. My mother sits 'offline' all the time and this is one way of knowing if she's lurking about or not LOL.
I like this option and am very used to all the 'false' openings. Once you get used to the simple initial connection for display pics, etc you will be able to know the difference between that and an actual opening of a chat window.
10-15-2005 11:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: