What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Tabbed Chat Notification

Tabbed Chat Notification
Author: Message:
trompettiste

O.P. Tabbed Chat Notification
Hi

I'm not sure if this the right place for this - but oh well..

If I have a tabbed chat open; and someone one of the non-active chat windows sends me a message, the window in the task bar doesnt flash, which is quite annoying when in busy mode as you will have hardly any idea they have contacted you. Is there a way so that the taskbar will flash when someone in a non-active chat windows sends a message?

Andrew
10-14-2005 05:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Tabbed Chat Notification
It will flash, there's just a 15 second delay. It will also switch to that conversation and because of this delay it will give you time to finish reading/writing in the active conversation, the switching conversations is needed for the flashing (notice the namechange in taskbarbutton). If you switch off that option (plus > preferences > instant messages > tabbed chats...."auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"), there will be no more autoswitching screens but also no more taskbarflashes for unfocused chats. If you are experiencing no flashes at all you may wanna check if that setting is enabled.

You can also change the delay if you wish to do so, either manually or with Plus! Tweak (this program changes the registrysettings for you). The regkey you're looking for is GroupAutoSwitchDelay. To download Plus! Tweak or for more information about this regkey see: Help Registry Tweaks

This post was edited on 10-14-2005 at 10:43 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-14-2005 10:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
trompettiste

O.P. RE: Tabbed Chat Notification
Is this the same as to when i dont have the window actually open, just sitting in taskbar?
10-15-2005 01:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Tabbed Chat Notification
quote:
Originally posted by trompettiste
Is this the same as to when i dont have the window actually open, just sitting in taskbar?
Yes, this goes for minimised windows aswell. Infact the automaticly changing conversation and with that the taskbarflashes with delay is implemented just so users can go do something else in the mean time (like f.e. browse the net) and still get notified of new messages.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-15-2005 11:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: