What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personalised Away Messages For Individual Contacts

Personalised Away Messages For Individual Contacts
Author: Message:
Nitemistress

Do your parents know you read this?

66 / Female / –
O.P. Personalised Away Messages For Individual Contacts
I searched (came back with nothing), checked each option in Plus! settings but am either missing what I'm thinking of if it's there or it's just not there. What is 'it'? Well I thought there was a way of setting a personalised away message for individual contacts, for example, you want to let 'A' know about plans for 'B's surprise party but have to go out and obviously don't want B to know.

I realise you can set a comeback message but as useful as that is (and I DO use it), it can also be somewhat intrusive or annoying if that person is at work or somewhere that they may not be able to talk right away. I was looking for an option that would give them the message I intend for ONLY them when THEY messaged me at what would be a more convenient time. Hope this makes sense.

Am running most current versions of MSN, Plus! and Stuffplug on XP Pro and would appreciate any thoughts or answers on this. If it doesn't exist then would be a good idea for the future.

Thanks in advance!
10-22-2005 03:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Personalised Away Messages For Individual Contacts
I'm pretty sure this is not possible due to the way MSN Protocol works... I could be wrong though... I think there have been other threads similar to this.
10-22-2005 03:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: