What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messneger log on problem

MSN Messneger log on problem
Author: Message:
bakajack

O.P. MSN Messneger log on problem
I haven't been able to log onto MSN Messenger all day even though I restarted my computer and reinstalled the program several times. I clicked on the "Service Status" link on the msn messenger program and it says that all systems are stable and running yet I still can't sign on. The error I'm getting is "Signing onto MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." So is it just a problem with the network even though it says everything is stable and running?

When I go to the MSN Messenger Connection TroubleShooter, it says "Your hosts file contains MSN Messenger related entries which may interfere with name resolution" I've clicked repair many times and restarted, but my MSN Messenger still wont sign in. I've also done all the things on the official MSN Messenger site for the problems listed and made sure that my Windows firewall is not blocking MSN Messenger.

P.S. My friends can still sign in.

This post was edited on 10-23-2005 at 07:14 AM by bakajack.
10-23-2005 07:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messneger log on problem
this happend to me are you using 7.5? if so u can click trouble shoot when it comes up and that some times helps but other times its jsut msn that is the problem if it keeps on going you should wright to msn on there website i do it if i have a problem they usualy send back with in 6 hours
10-23-2005 07:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bakajack

O.P. RE: MSN Messneger log on problem
Yea, I'm using 7.5  Clicking on the troubleshoot hasn't helped at all yet, and I've done it about 50 times.
10-23-2005 07:23 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
oh well the best thing to do now is to wright to msn go to www.msn.com and look around where to.

glad to help you :)
10-23-2005 07:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
PartyAnimal87

Weirdo

37 / Male / –
Undecided  RE: MSN Messneger log on problem
I'm having exactly the same problem here. The last few days it didn't work for some hours, than some time again, but since yesterday evening it won't work...

I've tried that dll. thing, re-installed MSN 7.5 a few times, and again: nothing. When I try it with another account it works fine. I have no MSG plus or something installed...

What to do now? It's making me go crazy! 8o|
10-23-2005 03:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bakajack

O.P. RE: MSN Messneger log on problem
I made a new hotmail account and works perfectly on msn, yet my old hotmail account won't work on msn or web messenger.
10-23-2005 06:47 PM
PartyAnimal87

Weirdo

37 / Male / –
Same here... But I want my 'old' account to work ;)
10-23-2005 07:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: