What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » CHAT LOGS/ABUSE

CHAT LOGS/ABUSE
Author: Message:
coyoteugly

46 / – / –
O.P. CHAT LOGS/ABUSE
Dear Frineds
I was insulted through the MSN Messenger. My Chat Logs are not active so I couldnt find the texts I want to learn that Please tell me can I find my chat logs somewhere within my computer? I can sue this person so is it possible to find these chat files for use as a prooof/evidence. this is urgent I am waiting your replies. Thank You...I am using 7.5 and I have Plus ofcourse.   
10-24-2005 09:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: CHAT LOGS/ABUSE
Since you have plus! you can goto your my documents/ my chat logs and find your logs :)

They are classified according to what your preferences are .... each email address that you talked to has a seperate file name ..... :)

Is that all ??
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
10-24-2005 09:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Since you have plus! you can goto your my documents/ my chat logs and find your logs :)
That highly depends if he enabled the feature and what he set his log folder to...

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
They are classified according to what your preferences are .... each email address that you talked to has a seperate file name ..... :)
That highly depends on what options he has selected...

----------------------

To see where your logs are stored, and if they are stored at all, you need to check out your preferences.

For both the MSN Messenger logs and the Messenger Plus! logs the log directories can be set (And logging can be enabled/disabled) to whatever directory you want.

For MSN Messenger check out Tools > Options > Messages > Message History (or similar).

For Messenger Plus! check out Plus! > Preferences > Logging > Chat Logging.

Look at those both settings to see where you need to look for your log directory. If logging wasn't enabled or there is no directory set to save your logs to, then there is no way you could "retrieve" chat logs as they were never logged anyways.

----

Also note that log files often don't hold much value in court (and in some USA states are even totally useless and can't be used at all as proof or evidence). And sueing a person because he insulted you? Isn't that taking it a bit too far?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-24-2005 09:43 AM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
And sueing a person because he insulted you? Isn't that taking it a bit too far?

Maybe that person didnt just insult him, but he didnt even log the chat with the other guy's permission ( i guess ) and who can say you didnt make that chat log?

I believe it wont have any value in court as well.

This post was edited on 10-26-2005 at 07:52 AM by paperless.
10-26-2005 07:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteugly
Dear Frineds
I was insulted through the MSN Messenger. My Chat Logs are not active so I couldnt find the texts I want to learn that Please tell me can I find my chat logs somewhere within my computer? I can sue this person so is it possible to find these chat files for use as a prooof/evidence. this is urgent I am waiting your replies. Thank You...I am using 7.5 and I have Plus ofcourse.   

well if they are not active then you cannot. Msn also has it's own logging system. I suggest you activate them in the future and try to catch him doing it again ;)
10-26-2005 10:35 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: