What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » eliminate startup error window

eliminate startup error window
Author: Message:
gardenerstouch

O.P. eliminate startup error window
I like to shorten the time it takes to boot up my computer by delaying the execution of certain programs until I actually need them. When I do need them, I usually execute them, along with any other programs they work with, in a batch file.  With MSN Messenger 7.5, attempts to run it along with my dialer software results in an error box popping up saying:

"We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger".

I am forced to take the time to close this box before Messenger will continue to run.  Then once I close the box, it insists on opening the Main window, even though I have instructed the program not to display the window at startup.  So I have to take the time to close that box before I can get to the dialer software's "Connect Now" button.  Do any of you tweakers out there know how to disable the error window at startup?

LuDean
11-01-2005 10:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: eliminate startup error window
This errormessage only comes up because you aren't connected to the internet yet. You can start up MSNM after you connected to the internet to prevent this. Set MSNM to not log on automaticly when logging on to windows (main msn screen: tools > general >  uncheck "automaticly run Messenger when i log on to windows").

If you have Messenger Plus! this may be an option aswell:

From help registry:

HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2    DelayedSignin    dword    0

You can use this setting to make Messenger automatically sign-in after the specified delay (expressed in seconds). Set the value to 0 to disable the feature. To use this feature, you must disable the auto-signin option of Messenger.

Asfor it insisting to open main window..check if it really is set not to do that (it's the second option on the same tab as the automaticly log on).
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-01-2005 11:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: