What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » better tabbed chat feature request

better tabbed chat feature request
Author: Message:
gantengx

O.P. better tabbed chat feature request
Hi all, the tabbed chat feature is amazing, it's just lack of a bit improvement, coz what it does is tab the whole window... so what i suggest is since i use grouping to manage my contacts, how about if you add like group (in tab) for a specific group, so like for example

I have 2 groups, "Friend" and "Family", what I want is like I can have 2 windows and both of them tabbed, so 1 window is for friend and the other one is for family, coz so far what the tabbed feature on Messenger Plus does is just group the whole thing or just separate a single person....

Thanksss
-ronald ganteng

PS:
and i also think i found a bug on the current tab feature, when you're in tab and invite other people, you will not see the other people, you'll just see the person you're talking

like I have a chat with A & B on tab, then on A i invite C & D on the conversation,  A will see me, C & D but I will just see A....

This post was edited on 11-02-2005 at 07:19 AM by gantengx.
11-02-2005 07:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
n0n4m3

44 / Male / Flag
RE: better tabbed chat feature request
Hi,

I share the same opinion of gantengx, it's a great feature but lacking some more features:

- never tab a conversation with someone;
- when dragging files and the mouse was over a tab, it should change to that chat so we could drop the file in the right tab;

Don't know if either of these are possible to do right now but if so, I haven't figured it out yet.

Also this maybe a bug: when I ungroup a conversation, sometimes all new conversations will open in separate windows and other times will open in tabs in the previous tabbed window.

Long live Plus!
Ricardo Sabino.
11-03-2005 02:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
gantengx

O.P. RE: better tabbed chat feature request
Yeah... I just found out another little bug in tabbed chat, when you chat with 2 person (tabbed), and one of them change his/her nick, it won't update on the tab, the nick will changed but nick on the tab won't change, even if you ungroup and group it again the nick on the tab is still the old one....

even worse, even after you sign out the nick will be still the same old nick....

hope can fix these bugs =)
11-03-2005 03:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: