What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Email notification in contactlist does not open Outlook

Email notification in contactlist does not open Outlook
Author: Message:
T-PO

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Email notification in contactlist does not open Outlook
hello,

today I installed version 3.5 of MsgPlus! and the email notification link in the contactlist does not open outlook anymore.

I have my own email inbox to be checked by Messenger. In the POP3 preferences I configured the link to open the outlook client, but when I click the email notification in the contactlist he just opens IE with my hotmail account...

Msgplus 3.5
Messenger 6.2
Latest Stuffplug-NG
and some other plug-ins...

Regards.

T-PO
03-18-2005 01:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
RE: Email notification in contactlist does not open Outlook
I also had this problem when i started using the POP3 email notifications, after about 3 times opening hotmail it started to work correctly again. also i didnt select Outlook to open with i just left it blank and it works fine
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

03-18-2005 01:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by T-PO
hello,

today I installed version 3.5 of MsgPlus! and the email notification link in the contactlist does not open outlook anymore.

I have my own email inbox to be checked by Messenger. In the POP3 preferences I configured the link to open the outlook client, but when I click the email notification in the contactlist he just opens IE with my hotmail account...

Msgplus 3.5
Messenger 6.2
Latest Stuffplug-NG
and some other plug-ins...

Regards.

T-PO
Disable the StuffPlug-NG plugin, restart Messenger and tell us if the problem still occurs...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-18-2005 01:47 PM
T-PO

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Email notification in contactlist does not open Outlook
Hello CookieRevised,

I disabled the Stuffplug-NG (it says Not loaded in the preferences) and when I click the notification it still does not open outlook but IE with my hotmail account....

It looks like it still does not work...

Regards,

T-PO

@sunshine:

I still work with messenger 6.2. I don't see that button in my contactlist....

R,

T-PO
And now... suddenly... it just works fine....:S

i didn't change anything.... but... Solved!

Strange things happen in life, don't they?

Regards,

T-PO

I think I found something:

When I click the email notification in the contactlist and my POP3 accounts do not have any new emails Messenger opens IE with my hotmail inbox.
As soon as one of my POP3 accounts has a new email, messenger opens Outlook (which I configured to open).
I do not think this behaviour is by design. I would like to open ALWAYS the configured email client, because from there I can download emails from all my accounts (including Hotmail...)

Can anyone confirm this? And if so... can it be changed to ALWAYS open the configured email client...

Thanx in advance,

T-PO

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 02:13 PM by T-PO.
03-18-2005 02:09 PM
Greebo

RE: RE: Email notification in contactlist does not open Outlook
quote:
Originally posted by T-PO
I think I found something:

When I click the email notification in the contactlist and my POP3 accounts do not have any new emails Messenger opens IE with my hotmail inbox.
As soon as one of my POP3 accounts has a new email, messenger opens Outlook (which I configured to open).
I do not think this behaviour is by design. I would like to open ALWAYS the configured email client, because from there I can download emails from all my accounts (including Hotmail...)

Can anyone confirm this? And if so... can it be changed to ALWAYS open the configured email client...

Thanx in advance,

T-PO

I can confirm this, I also want it to always open my email client (Outlook Express), since I have all my accounts there (Hotmail too). It worked fine untill I upgraded to MsgPlus 3.50.

MSN: 6.2.0205
MsgPlus: 3.50.124

Greebo
04-05-2005 12:10 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I think I know what the problem is (the MSN team is apparently not using their old API properly anymore). The only thing I can tell you is that this problem is fixed in MSN Messenger 7 (which should be released this month).
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-05-2005 05:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riga

I've got almost the same problem: I've MSN 7.0 and MSGPLUS 3.54

I've got a POP3 mail  @tele2.it  but, even if i've configured POP3 e-mail, if I click on the notification MSGPLUS open IE with hotmail account and if I click in the Plus! contact list quick-menu MSGPLUS does nothing...

Why?

P.S. I remeber that only a month ago, it worked fine, but now (after a format of the Hard Disk) i'vethis problem...
07-24-2005 01:54 PM
outlook

46 / – / –
You might go looking for outlook express repair and recovery outlook express email. I have been using it without problem since it came out.
11-03-2005 12:57 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: