What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Sugg] Show list of who was online with their info after entering specific date/time

Poll: Good idea?
Yes
No (please say why)
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
[Sugg] Show list of who was online with their info after entering specific date/time
Author: Message:
Flannol

O.P. Cool  [Sugg] Show list of who was online with their info after entering specific date/time
Right,
I've been using msgplus for many years, and am fully aware of all the logging capabilities of it, so don't spam me concerning them.

Basically, i've a great need for a plugin that works like this:

you enter a date & time, it brings up a list of people who were online at the time, thier status, name, etc...

could be done on a Event Log-similar GUI or whatever.

the point of it is to be able to see who was online at a specific time you specify, and a little information about the person at the time.

just wondering if anyone else likes the idea...?

my vote = yes

This post was edited on 11-05-2005 at 04:26 PM by Tochjo.
11-05-2005 03:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: * Good * suggestion.
It seems like a really good idea to me, I find it hard to find conversations that I had, I know when I had them, but sometimes there are problems when it comes to sorting them out into the relevant months etc.

My vote is yes, it would be a very useful plugin/feature of Messenger Plus!.
11-05-2005 04:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
I think it would be a great idea.... it sounds like it might be a bit hard though?... And patchou would have to do it.
11-05-2005 04:08 PM
nathanrosa

RE: RE: * Good * suggestion.
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
I think it would be a great idea.... it sounds like it might be a bit hard though?... And patchou would have to do it.

yeah i know what you mean..
i could probably make it as an mirc script(with sockets) (i've made many to monitor my MSN)..but this would be useless for other people..
11-05-2005 04:09 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
And patchou would have to do it.

Why is this, I don't think Messenger Plus! has any boundaries when it comes to chat logs etc. I'm sure that a plugin could be made to do this, rather than Patchou having to implement it.
11-05-2005 04:11 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Flannol
Right,
I've been using msgplus for many years, and am fully aware of all the logging capabilities of it, so don't spam me concerning them.

Basically, i've a great need for a plugin that works like this:

you enter a date & time, it brings up a list of people who were online at the time, thier status, name, etc...

could be done on a Event Log-similar GUI or whatever.

the point of it is to be able to see who was online at a specific time you specify, and a little information about the person at the time.

just wondering if anyone else likes the idea...?
To be included in Plus!? IMHO no...

As a plugin? IMHO: if one is willing to make it why not. But this doesn't need to be a plugin at all. As Traxor said, this can be made seperatly as a stand alone program or whatever you want because it will be based upon the chat/events logs which are free to use/monitor as you wish...

This said, you can very easly lookup if you simply browse your chat logs folder in Windows Explorer and sort them by date. Or open up the specific event logs for the specific month and look at the time you are interested in...

;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-05-2005 04:28 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: [Sugg] Show list of who was online with their info after entering specific date/time
I guess i didn't think of it that way.... As a seperate program that is.... So yeah... I guess it would probably work BETTER as a separate program rather than part of plus!
11-05-2005 04:43 PM
Flannol

O.P. RE: RE: [Sugg] Show list of who was online with their info after entering specific da
quote:
I guess i didn't think of it that way.... As a seperate program that is.... So yeah... I guess it would probably work BETTER as a separate program rather than part of plus!

yeah i didnt mean it HAD to be anything to do with plus 8-)....i've no idea about developing software for MSN anyway so i don't know what is eaiser.

x
11-05-2005 08:33 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: