What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » 3D - pls help!

3D - pls help!
Author: Message:
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
O.P. Tongue  3D - pls help!
hi! - i have taken media studies in school and must create a story board for my talk show.
anyway... i want to make some 3D images on my pc but dont know how/cant! lol
so anyway one who is willing to teach me of do them for me pls do! thanks looooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaadss!!!!!!!!!:):):)
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
11-03-2005 02:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: 3D - pls help!
im not teaching you how to do it. but Bryce and ProDesktop are good programs for 3D imaging.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
11-04-2005 04:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Vue d'Esprit 5 is also good :)
But, it's not free... :(

Here's a tutorial for it: http://membres.lycos.fr/arte/dummies.html
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
11-04-2005 04:12 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I highly doubt "Vue d'Esprit", "Bryce" or "Maya" and the likes are the programs he is searching for/he can use for his storyboard (not to mention they are not free and not cheap). 3D is a vast subject and can contain a lot of different things, methods, etc. Not all 3D equals "Vue d'Esprit", "Bryce" or "Maya"...

------------------------------

DJKAL,

If you want to make a storyboard for your talkshow, the best thing you can do is to draw it by hand (This is, btw, also how professional storyboards are made! by hand and pen and paper).

Actually, the 3D part (if there is one) comes only after you've created the hand drawn storyboard and should be based upon the original storyboard. So it is actually the second step to take, not the first...

This is because on a true storyboard there are also many things which you will loose in the actual 3D part (eg: direction clues, motion lines, comments, etc.. etc...).

But, if you still directly want to draw in 3D from scratch (which will take muc much more time also; and as said, not exactly what a storyboard is meant to be) I suggest programs where you can design your own house and stuff and the likes (eg: "architect 3d" or something), since they will already include lots of objects which you'll also use in a talkshow (eg: chairs, tables, lamps, scenery dressings, etc...) and are easy to use and often far cheaper than the ones mentioned above (if not free).

This post was edited on 11-04-2005 at 07:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-04-2005 07:24 PM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: 3D - pls help!
thanks cookierevised but i cant draw by hand:( lol - but all i need is a  6 slide storyboard that shows the startup of my show - this means i want the 3D mainly for the logo to "spin" onto the screen meaning to draw this by hand is difficult - and looks cr*when i do it! lol
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
11-04-2005 07:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
thanks cookierevised but i cant draw by hand:( lol - but all i need is a  6 slide storyboard that shows the startup of my show - this means i want the 3D mainly for the logo to "spin" onto the screen meaning to draw this by hand is difficult - and looks cr*when i do it! lol
hmmm ok, after reading this:

What do you mean by "storyboard"? A storyboard is not an already worked out video or a semi-worked out video. Because that is called an "animatic" or "story reel" and is only created at a later stage (if created at all) and is used mostly for timing issues and/or basic camera movements. Also the animation used in "story reels" is often nothing more than the scanned in storyboard slices which are zoomed and/or panned, it is not a full detailed animation.

A storyboard is to show what is going to happen, without actually showing it for real (so to speak). It doesn't include real animation, it only includes stills (like a comic book). A storyboard is to show the story line and to think about how the story could evolve before taking the actual action.

And second question: what is that "talk show"? Is it a video you need to create? Or is it something you need to do in front of the class or something? If it is a video, you might wanna (read: must) include transition notes for the different scenes and views. If it is something you must do in front of the class, you make the storyboard showing the different positions of the speaker, guests, etc...

I ask this and said all the previous stuff, because your assignment might well be to create a true storyboard (stills and stuff) and only in a later stage turn that story board into a "story reel" or even full animation. So make sure you get the assignment right and don't skip the storyboard step or you might loose points on the assignment or whatever... So if you're in doubt, ask the one who gave you the assignment if you can do what you wanna do because it is possible that they will not see your "storyboard" as a storyboard, but as a already worked out video.

Plus, I'm almost certain that if they give you the assignment of creating a storyboard, that they also first explained what a storyboard is and how to create it.

----------

EDIT 1:

A true storyboard contains ("3d") stills like:
[Image: 53.jpg]

eg: http://user.bahnhof.se/~dico/iradidio/storyboard/samples/51.jpg

Also, you might be interested in:
http://www.thestoryboardartist.com/
http://www.dicomics.com/storyboardschool/
http://www.uncc.edu/webcourse/sb/storyboard.htm

EDIT 2:

And this is specific software to create your (3D look a like) storyboards:
Storyboard Quick: creates true story boards
Storyboard Artist: creates also story reels
But not free, and starts at $300, see http://www.powerproduction.com/

This post was edited on 11-04-2005 at 08:17 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-04-2005 07:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: