What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » pm abuse?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
pm abuse?
Author: Message:
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: pm abuse?
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
DZ is there a reason I can't actually PM him without getting a flood protection warning but I can PM others?
Well, I guess the flood protection needs some tweaking... :p
11-04-2005 03:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: pm abuse?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
DZ is there a reason I can't actually PM him without getting a flood protection warning but I can PM others?
Well, I guess the flood protection needs some tweaking... :p

Did you change anything yet? Because I also get those flood messages, and never had them before... I just tried to send two legit PM's to someone and got that warning message (even after waiting more than a minute and all) :/

I can't seem to send any PM's anymore to that user...

EDIT:
I send a PM succesfully to another user (after 5 minutes or so; but dunno how much this wait mattered)
After that I also could send the second PM to this first user... (but it was annoying that I couldn't earlier)

This post was edited on 11-05-2005 at 02:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-05-2005 02:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
:( Yeah, I tweaked it already.

I made it so that you can't send a message to someone too soon after your last message to them (exactly like posting in a thread), and also so that you can't spam someone with 3 or more messages in a 15 minute period unless you're having a conversation (getting replies).

Not acceptable? :'(
11-06-2005 05:00 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
:( Yeah, I tweaked it already.

I made it so that you can't send a message to someone too soon after your last message to them (exactly like posting in a thread),

and also so that you can't spam someone with 3 or more messages in a 15 minute period unless you're having a conversation (getting replies).

Not acceptable? :'(
second one is acceptable...

But for the first one not IMO; sometimes you forget to say something in a PM and need to send a second. In a thread, you can easly edit your previous post, but this isn't possible with PM's... Thus, it is very annoying that you can't do that anymore and must wait for a reply or a long period of time. This can lead to confusing "conversations"...

And because of the second tweak, the first tweak also seems a bit redundant since you can't send more then 3 PM's anyways...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-06-2005 10:45 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I have to totally agree with Cookie here..yesterday i researched something wich resulted in me sending 3 pm's, correcting my previous ones (wich resulted in me not beeing able to send the third for quite some time).

So you see sometimes it is necessary to send several pm's in a short period of time (corrections). Now there is flood protection the just meaning of sending pm's is suffering over a measurement taken over what? 1 person abusing? There has got to be another solution...

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 10:57 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-07-2005 10:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I think the limit should be around 10.Or every time they reply you can then reply to that message and that message only for 15 minutes until then you can send yet another PM to the same person.

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 11:39 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
11-07-2005 11:08 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: pm abuse?
quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
Also if you make an error in the message you can edit it and resend it, but it has to be around more than 3+ changes to the message.

once a pm has been sent, you cannot recall it and edit.
11-07-2005 11:30 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Ok thanx

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 11:40 AM by Eddie.
...there used to be a signature here :)
11-07-2005 11:39 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Now there is flood protection the just meaning of sending pm's is suffering over a measurement taken over what? 1 person abusing? There has got to be another solution...
Well, I really think there needs to be flood protection... I've had it on my mind for a long time. Without it, it would be way too easy for someone to make a script that fills up some poor user's inbox in less than 5 minutes. :-/
11-07-2005 02:29 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Now there is flood protection the just meaning of sending pm's is suffering over a measurement taken over what? 1 person abusing? There has got to be another solution...
Well, I really think there needs to be flood protection... I've had it on my mind for a long time. Without it, it would be way too easy for someone to make a script that fills up some poor user's inbox in less than 5 minutes. :-/
Weird thing is, i was able to send the first two real quickly...but not the third. Can you raise the limit to 5 per 15 mins or something.. so 3 can be sent a bit easier (usually if i correct something i don't need more than 3..but the wait is what bothers me)?
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-07-2005 02:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: