What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » New Motherboard Problem

New Motherboard Problem
Author: Message:
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. New Motherboard Problem
I recently got a new motherboard to support my new AMD 2200+ sempron processor as my old motherboards BIOS wouldn't upgrade. I got the  - Winfast K7S 741GXMG-6L - and updating it to IT'S latest BIOS.

Obviously after installing the new motherboard I had to format windows in order for it to support the new driver, during the install of Windows XP with Service Pack 2, I got blue screened, and this happened several times each time I restarted the installation. anyhow, I managed to get it to work again, and it was running fine.

After about a week in I got an error in windows media player saying an internal error/instance (i forget exactly) has occured, after several failed attempts at fixing this problem and not really having anything installed after the last format, I formatted, and again I got the blue screen. This time when it worked, everything was running slow and my computer repeatidly kept turning off, so again unable to fix the problem I felt i had no other option but to format again, this time i used a different version Of XP without service pack one and despite the fact my computer is running better than the last times, its still not quiet itself as the it sill randomly retarts (no viruses after several scans so not - W32/IRCBOT.WORM!.) It's running really slugish, and certain programs just reufuse to run on start up like they are supposed to, IE - Messenger and messenger plus! - (these are infact the only ones i have noticed don't run on start up)

If anyone has any ideas at all please let me know, any feedback I get from sending error reports says its an error with a driver I have recently installed. which could only be a driver on the motherboard, and this doesnt make anysense at all since the motherboard is built to ork with AMD and Windows XP.

Also if there is anything important I have left out then please just ask.

[UPDATE] my CPU Usage is at a constant healthy ¬¬ 90-100% PLEASE HELP. (this does go up and down)

This post was edited on 11-08-2005 at 01:49 PM by Mentality.
11-08-2005 11:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: New Motherboard Problem
Why not just send it back and replace it?
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
11-08-2005 02:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mentality

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: New Motherboard Problem
thats the last resort. i wanna knw that it is actually the motherboard before I do that, otherwise I'm gonna get another motherboard and be stuck with the same problem.
11-08-2005 02:46 PM
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
RE: New Motherboard Problem
Maybe the BIOS upgrade was the problem, how was the mobo working before it was upgraded?
11-08-2005 05:58 PM
Mentality

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: New Motherboard Problem
it started messing up immediatly since it was installed, i only did the bios update after i managed to get XP on for the first time.
11-08-2005 07:00 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: