What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Group Profiles

Group Profiles
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Group Profiles
i had an idea... of group profiles... so you can have like a profile called default with
-family,
-friends,
-work,
-etc
-etc

and then be able to switch to 'mates'
-best mates,
-school mates,
-well you get the idea....

possible?

waste of time?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
11-01-2005 09:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
RE: Group Profiles
i dont think you've explained clearly enough for anyone to understand, if you mean group contacts? - thats already in msn
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
11-01-2005 09:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Group Profiles
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
i dont think you've explained clearly enough for anyone to understand, if you mean group contacts? - thats already in msn
i know about that... but being able to select different group settings....

at the moment u can have view contacts by online/offline... or view contacts by groups.. ( and you only have one configuration of this unless you want to edit it each time...)

what i think would be kool is to be able to have different group setups...

11-01-2005 10:15 PM
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
What do you mean like, having one profile for one group?
11-05-2005 10:47 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
What do you mean like, having one profile for one group?
no, i mean have different group 'setups'.... im not sure how else to try and exlain it

11-05-2005 10:51 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
[font=Arial][/font][font=Courier]If I'm right I think he means.... if you'd have different named groups.... that you could set it so you'd only see one.... EXAMPLE:

Setting 1

Group - Guys
Group - Girls

Setting 2

Group - Friends
Group - Family

If you'd select setting 1 you'd see girls/guys groups... if you'd select setting 2 you'd see friends/family groups. If you'd leave it at default you'd have online/offline groups.

EDIT: Maybe like having more than one contact list, but only one sign-in name

This post was edited on 11-05-2005 at 11:20 PM by qgroessl.
11-05-2005 11:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
[font=Arial][/font][font=Courier]If I'm right I think he means.... if you'd have different named groups.... that you could set it so you'd only see one.... EXAMPLE:

Setting 1

Group - Guys
Group - Girls

Setting 2

Group - Friends
Group - Family

If you'd select setting 1 you'd see girls/guys groups... if you'd select setting 2 you'd see friends/family groups. If you'd leave it at default you'd have online/offline groups.

EDIT: Maybe like having more than one contact list, but only one sign-in name
FINALLY :D:D:D:D:D:D  thank you (L)! lol

thats exactely what i mean:P

11-06-2005 12:06 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
I'm going to bump this so people see it again... It's a great idea, and there's a lot of people online, maybe somebody could make a plug-in or something that could do this.
11-06-2005 02:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Hmm...
This idea is okay, but I don't think it'll be made as a plugin.. It is very difficult(if not impossible) to make this without interacting with the protocol (aka using a proxy)... So MD might easily incooparate this feature....
Well... As another sollution, it is possible in MSN 7.5 to add the same contacts to more groups... (And I don't suspect they will "fill"more, they will still count as 1 contact, can any one confirm?).... So you just make a group that says Family and one that says Friends.. And a groups that says Female, and a groups that is named Male, all the males go into male, and also into friends/familiy.. You can now just expand/collaps the groups you want... This almost gives the same as you want.. Though this method you will have to expand all the groups you want to see now, and collapse all the ones you don't want to see....
But I really think this would be more than enough... Then you also have the option to only look at males, instead of both male and female, like you suggest... :P...
Hope this helped you?..
11-06-2005 05:22 PM
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Hmm...
This idea is okay, but I don't think it'll be made as a plugin.. It is very difficult(if not impossible) to make this without interacting with the protocol (aka using a proxy)... So MD might easily incooparate this feature....
Well... As another sollution, it is possible in MSN 7.5 to add the same contacts to more groups... (And I don't suspect they will "fill"more, they will still count as 1 contact, can any one confirm?).... So you just make a group that says Family and one that says Friends.. And a groups that says Female, and a groups that is named Male, all the males go into male, and also into friends/familiy.. You can now just expand/collaps the groups you want... This almost gives the same as you want.. Though this method you will have to expand all the groups you want to see now, and collapse all the ones you don't want to see....
But I really think this would be more than enough... Then you also have the option to only look at males, instead of both male and female, like you suggest... :P...
Hope this helped you?..
I just noticed that, thanks :) so i am adding option in Window Manager for the balloontip to show specific group(s) you want, so no need to check on specific contacts but categories as well ;)
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
11-06-2005 08:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: