What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » radio songs

radio songs
Author: Message:
Garry

35 / Male / –
O.P. radio songs
i know messenger got a idea with the song your listerning to but wot if it could show wot song your listerning to if u got the  radio on windows media player or itunes

it just shows virgin at mo not a invidual song
11-06-2005 09:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: radio songs
quote:
Originally posted by Garry
i know messenger got a idea with the song your listerning to but wot if it could show wot song your listerning to if u got the  radio on windows media player or itunes

it just shows virgin at mo not a invidual song

i don't listen to radio on computer but im guessing the name of the radio is virgin or something. This won't work like indiviual songs do because.

When you have a playlist of songs, as soon as a song finishes MSN Messenger can tell that the song is finished, when the Media player starts a new song. all the names etc are changed to that of the new song, allowing messenger to get the new song name and artist etc.

if its a radio station im pretty sure the name of the 'song' is called like 'Virgin Radio' and never updates, because in an easy way of explaining it, it's all one song. therefore MSN Messenger not knowing it's a radio and not knowing what song it is to be able to update your Personal Message.

This post was edited on 11-06-2005 at 09:43 PM by Ash_.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
11-06-2005 09:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: radio songs
Usually it does show this.

Depending on what the online radio station you're listenning to sends to Windows Media Player / Itunes, this is what is going to show on you're MSN Messenger personal message.

E.G. 1. :

I'm listenning to Lp15-Radio to the song "You're Beautiful By James Blunt "

My Windows Media Player shows :

"Lp15-Radio - You're Beautiful - James Blunt "

then this is going to appear in my personal message :

"Lp15-Radio - You're Beautiful - James Blunt"

BUTTTTT

If the radio im listenning to only shows "Lp15-Radio" in my Windows Media Player / Itunes then the only thing ull see in MSN Messenger personal message is : "Lp15-Radio".

I hope you understand that you cannot really change that with a plugin, u would need the radio station to send you more information to you're Windows Media Player / Itunes
11-06-2005 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Garry

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: radio songs
ok i listern to virgin     i got a widget called itunes compainian and that gets song names playing on the radio but itunes dont          dont worry i will just see
11-07-2005 10:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: