What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » this never happend to me b4 :S (crash witness)

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
this never happend to me b4 :S (crash witness)
Author: Message:
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. this never happend to me b4 :S (crash witness)
ok it was around 9:45 PM, i was driving down the street took an easy right turn no cars behind me, street looked empty, i looked down to change the radio station then lifted up my view to focus on the road, saw fast lights on the incomnig lane, right when i saw i knew it was going way too fast for the turn, i knwo this from past experiences on my own, it was one of those big trucks, because it took the turn  too open and way faster that it should it went off the road, it dodged some poles on the way, it felt like i saw everyting go slowmotion, watched it go by my side and then bum!!! the truck slams its front end right on the biggest pole on its way, i was like HOLY SHIT!!! i looked down the street and saw the street lights go out one by one, by then i realized i had stop, took out my cellphone and dial 911, and got out my car the road was dark, only one light of the truck was still shiny hanging form the front, once they answered at 911 they asked me wat city iwas on, i told them, they put me on hold again, then a lady answered, i told her the street, and wat has happened, she asked me if any light lines were down, i said no, and then if the people was still inside the vehicle and i said yes they havent got out yet, but as a lookd closer i saw some one on the ground, so i let her know that too, then some other cars stoped and people with flash lights came out of them, the lady on the phone told me that she had someone coming already, then i heard the sirens of the cop cars, racing towards us, she said "thank you, very much they are on their way". i said "no problem" and hung up, looked around for alittle saw the person on the ground got up to his knees, it looked like someone on his mid 40's, the cops parked everywhere, Igot on my car and went home. that was the craziest thing i have seen, and to be the only one to see it, call and help them without them knowing, feels good.  thats why you should help with out being asked ;).

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 04:57 AM by guanako.
[Image: guanako20.png]
11-07-2005 04:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: this never happend to me b4 :S (crash witness)
dang that person musta been hurt. but its good you helped em (y).  Its lucky u were there at the time if no one else was around. Got any pics (if ur cell phone takes pics)?
11-07-2005 04:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
this is really crazy.. i bet the craziest is the slowmotion fact u saw uh..? they say u are so concentrated in these situation that u see everything so slow.. it happened to me at a soccer game.. i was playing defense and a guy took the shot.. the whole thing too about 1.5 secs to get the ball in, i couldve sworn it taken like a min..
11-07-2005 04:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: this never happend to me b4 :S (crash witness)
i still cant beleive it, its still so fresh on my mind
no, no pictures, even if i did had a cam with me when you are there you have to think fast on wat to do next, there no time to think on gettin pictures or anything, you just know you have to act fast, may be tomorrow ill take a pic of the place where it hited.

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 05:12 AM by guanako.
11-07-2005 05:07 AM
Juvani_D

Shit, call me coward but I can't stare straight on that scene if I am on that situation. :)
11-07-2005 12:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
lol good work, but in a time like that it's the logical thing to do, even if you are dark and sinster.

[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
11-07-2005 12:34 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
guanako, all I can say is (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
i still cant beleive it, its still so fresh on my mind
Out of experience: And it will be for a long time...

I was in such a situation twice...

One time when a truck lost a big iron ramp on a busy freeway. I was driving behind it, it was very rainy, dark and couldn't dodge it anymore and thus hit the ramp with almost full speed (100km/u), result: 3 flat tires and spinning over the road. And the few seconds I was spinning around and trying to get my car to the side, seemed like many minutes. Luckally no-one got hurt (except that dude's wallet to pay for the damage of my and other peoples cars :p -10 cars bumped onto it-), which is a miracle though because the road was very busy and cars still drove by. The adrenaline rushed all over the place though, especially when we (me and that dude) went back on the road, on foot, to pull that heavy iron ramp out of harms way.

Another time, and this is more ermmm... bloody, I was driving in the city in a street with big houses (3, 4 floors high) side by side. when all of a sudden a guy fell down from a rooftop right in front of the car which was in front of me. Again, as you experienced, everything was in slowmotion and I could see the guy falling and bumping on the street. I was the first one to call the medics (the lady who drove the car in front of me was in shock and couldn't do a thing except staring). I stayed with the guy until the paramedics came (which wasn't a pretty sight at all! His arms and legs were, well, bend in wrong ways, you could see some of his bones and blood was pooring out of his mouth, ears, etc). This is also something which I will never forget and it took a very long while before I could "forget" about it. The only thing that helped a bit was talking about it...But I can still vividly recall the sight of it, although it happened almost 2 or 3 years ago, I think.

And I still drive that same car :p

-----

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
lol good work, but in a time like that it's the logical thing to do, even if you are dark and sinster.
Logic, yes. But unfortunatly most people will either drive away instead of helping or simply standing there without doing anything, and pulling faces like "oooohh" and "aaaah"... so, that guanako's first reaction was to call for help (instead of taking pictures :dodgy:) is nothing less than (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y) ;)

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 03:45 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-07-2005 03:34 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

That sounds pretty crazy... I've never ever witnessed a crash, I have only witnessed the aftermath...
11-07-2005 04:20 PM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: this never happend to me b4 :S (crash witness)
I've never seen a bloody one only once, this was still in El Salvador me and my sister were coming home from school, and over there they try to use almost every vehicle to transport people, so they have this mini vans, and the big buses too, so this big bus somehow t-boned a mini van, the mini van was almost cut on half by the bus, there was a lot of traffic because of it, so the bus that we were in drove by really slow, and you could see the bodies inside, people trapped trying to get out, and also people that stopped to helped, some were pulling the dead bodies from the inside, it was hard to look at it :S, this happened like 6 years ago, but i don't think experiences like those are easy to forget.
11-07-2005 07:10 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
i've never witnessed a car crash, but i did see rioters petrol bomb riot police in a race motived riot 3 years ago in Wrexham.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
11-07-2005 07:50 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: