What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » is this a way to know if you've been blocked by a mobile user?

is this a way to know if you've been blocked by a mobile user?
Author: Message:
heer

O.P. is this a way to know if you've been blocked by a mobile user?
i'm just wondering if this is a way to tell that you have been blocked by someone on your MSN list who also accepts mobile messages to their phone. 

If you have been blocked by the user, then you will be unable to send them a mobile message as an error message will come up (the same that you get when a try to send a message to an offline user).  Once you have been unblocked, you are able to send a mobile message to them as usual.

Now i am unsure if this is an actual sure fire method to check if you have been blocked or not, so maybe some of you can try it out and let me know if it works for you also!
11-13-2005 03:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: is this a way to know if you've been blocked by a mobile user?
there is no way to check if someone has blocked you at all, no matter how they connect to the messenger service. There used to be a way but that was fixed by microsoft and now is impossible
11-13-2005 03:42 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by heer
i'm just wondering if this is a way to tell that you have been blocked by someone on your MSN list who also accepts mobile messages to their phone. 

If you have been blocked by the user, then you will be unable to send them a mobile message as an error message will come up (the same that you get when a try to send a message to an offline user).  Once you have been unblocked, you are able to send a mobile message to them as usual.

Now i am unsure if this is an actual sure fire method to check if you have been blocked or not, so maybe some of you can try it out and let me know if it works for you also!

Sounds interesting but it will only work if they have mobile messaging setup, which most people don't.
11-13-2005 03:56 AM
heer

O.P. RE: RE: is this a way to know if you've been blocked by a mobile user?
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
there is no way to check if someone has blocked you at all, no matter how they connect to the messenger service. There used to be a way but that was fixed by microsoft and now is impossible

i'm not talking about someone who is connected to the messenger service through their phone, rather someone who has blocked you from their list from their computer.

Underlord -   i am still not entirely sure whether this method works, however if it does then yes you are correct it would only pertain to those contects who have their mobile settings set up.
11-13-2005 04:02 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Well i was going to test this, but you now have to buy credits to send offline messages, even if the person has it setup to email them. Very lame.
11-13-2005 04:13 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: