What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Changing default maximize size

Changing default maximize size
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. Changing default maximize size
Obviously when you maximize a window it maximizes to fill the whole screen, apart from the taskbar. However, on my desktop I have several desktop contacts positioned directly above the taskbar side-by-side in a line from one side of the screen to the other.

When I maximize any windows they interfere with the desktop contacts, either by the desktop contact hiding parts of the window, or the window covering the desktop contact if not set to always on top. Currently I just resize the windows to avoid messing with the desktop contacts. See screenie:

[Image: examplemedium9lp.jpg]

As you can see, I stretch out the window to fill the remaining part of the screen. This leaves the horrible blue border and looks messy.

So what I want to know is whether I can reset the maximize button of all windows to only fill the screen down to my desktop contacts but still look as if it's maximizesd without the borders. I don't supect this to be possible/ very easy, but it would be useful. Thanks.

EDIT: Made image smaller

This post was edited on 11-13-2005 at 02:26 AM by kierant.
[Image: kierantsig5ru.png]
11-13-2005 02:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Changing default maximize size
Humm I don't think its possible. The only way I can think of is Patchou would have to code it into the plus plugin so that it would set the max screen height and width to the contacts bar.
[Image: top.gif]
11-13-2005 03:34 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Changing default maximize size
I've actually found a piece of software that can do exactly as I require. It is called Actual Window Guard and has some very useful tools, including automatically changing the priority of an application as soon as it was run (somebody requested this a few weeks back).

This post was edited on 11-13-2005 at 04:49 AM by kierant.
[Image: kierantsig5ru.png]
11-13-2005 04:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: