What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Several (Possibly Related) Problems

Several (Possibly Related) Problems
Author: Message:
mithrandir129

O.P. Several (Possibly Related) Problems
I installed Messenger Plus! and had no problems at all. But for some reason the problem developed over time. I then reinstalled Messenger Plus, which fixed the problem temporarily, only for it to come back again recently.

The issues I'm having are:
  • Emoticons not displaying properly or at all, seem to be mixing with other characters
  • When sent files, the progress bar is not displayed, and the "Accept"/"Decline"/"Cancel" links are all mixed together and displayed very weirdly
  • When I have recieved a file, it gives me the link to open it in my hard drive. But the "C:\" part is not included in the link, and is not blue or underlined, so the file will not open.

Thanks in advance for any help. If I get around to it, and if its necessary, I'll post some screenshots of the problems. Sorry, my explanation wasn't that great, but it's hard to describe the problems.
11-15-2005 09:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
RE: Several (Possibly Related) Problems
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling MSN Messenger (Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Msn Messenger > Repair) as it might not be Plus! that is the problem?
[Image: kierantsig5ru.png]
11-15-2005 09:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mithrandir129

O.P. RE: Several (Possibly Related) Problems
I'll give it a go and let you know if it works.

I don't think it is that though, because as soon as I removed Plus! last time, the problems went away immediately.
11-15-2005 09:55 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mithrandir129
  • Emoticons not displaying properly or at all, seem to be mixing with other characters

Are you using any sort of word filter or using any Plugins? Which font are you using in MSN Messenger and what language is your version of MSN Messenger? Can you provide us with a screenshot of this happening?
quote:
  • When sent files, the progress bar is not displayed, and the "Accept"/"Decline"/"Cancel" links are all mixed together and displayed very weirdly

This is a known issue if your conversation window is opened for a period of time. I have talked to Patchou about it and he is aware.
quote:
  • When I have recieved a file, it gives me the link to open it in my hard drive. But the "C:\" part is not included in the link, and is not blue or underlined, so the file will not open.

Again probably cause from conversation windows being opened for along time or does this happen each time you receive a file?

This post was edited on 11-16-2005 at 01:51 AM by matty.
11-16-2005 01:50 AM
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
we also need to now what Messenger Plus version you are using

and windows version and also what version of MSN messenger you are using as well

:)
11-16-2005 02:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mithrandir129

O.P. RE: Several (Possibly Related) Problems
Windows XP Home. Messenger 7.5. Plus 3.61.145. All English versions. No extra plugins. Current font: Trebuchet MS (Bold)

And yes, all the problems seem to occur generally when the conversation windows have been open a long time.

Next time it happens (it's not happening so regulary anymore), I'll take a screenie and post it here.
11-16-2005 09:15 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: