What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion - change icon for locked Messenger

Suggestion - change icon for locked Messenger
Author: Message:
KarlRhodes

O.P. Suggestion - change icon for locked Messenger
When you activate the boos protection for msgplus you have the option of having an alternate icon in your task bar so nosey people cant see its MSN. However, if you are away from your computer and someone decides to click on it, it will open anyway.

If you use the lock option there is no way to change the system tray icon.

Perhaps an option to change the system tray icon and the system tray tooltip could be added so people who decide to view or snoop have no idea what it is?

Would it also be possible to change the text and window title on the password dialog box so even if snoopers do click on it, they will be none the wiser as to its purpose?

11-18-2005 09:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Suggestion - change icon for locked Messenger
I like the idea too... I leave my MSN on alot, but locked.... And most of the time I would love for the icon to be changed... But I can't with lock... and I don't trust boss protection mode enough.
11-18-2005 03:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
This is a very old suggestion and was even made as soon as the lock feature was introduced in Messenger Plus!.

eg: "CookieRevised's reply to Boss Protection requiring password to reopen"

And with it there could be more features like "CookieRevised's reply to Suggestion: Boss Protection"

Dunno why these two extremely similar features where never merged into one though, as that would solve many things (not to mention make more room in the preferences for new features as it currently is full)...

Anyways, there is a plugin made which integrates, kind-of, both features and make it possible to do both. That is, locking messenger and hiding the icon: http://360software.dakotabcn.net/umlock/index.html

This post was edited on 11-18-2005 at 06:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-18-2005 06:07 PM
Val

30 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This is a very old suggestion and was even made as soon as the lock feature was introduced in Messenger Plus!.

eg: "CookieRevised's reply to Boss Protection requiring password to reopen"

And with it there could be more features like "CookieRevised's reply to Suggestion: Boss Protection"

Dunno why these two extremely similar features where never merged into one though, as that would solve many things (not to mention make more room in the preferences for new features as it currently is full)...

Anyways, there is a plugin made which integrates, kind-of, both features and make it possible to do both. That is, locking messenger and hiding the icon: http://360software.dakotabcn.net/umlock/index.html
Yes i agree with these and i have seen lots of requests for this so we need to email patchou or atleast ask him to do this, so that msgplus could be even more cooler
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
11-18-2005 10:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyro

The Frog Is Back!

31 / Male / –
what about the option to remove the icon entirely and have a key shortcut instead? eg. CTRL+K

ps: if you DO decide to do that i would also like to suggest that you make the key shortcut CUSTOMISABLE eg. make it so that the user can set their own shortcut and then have some unidentifiable window asking for a password
[Image: angusl.png]
/!\5618 days, 16 hours, 28 seconds ago Until Xmas!!/!\
11-19-2005 03:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by YA_MUM
what about the option to remove the icon entirely and have a key shortcut instead? ps: if you DO decide to do that i would also like to suggest that you make the key shortcut CUSTOMISABLE
that is exactly what the UMLock plugin will do, please read and follow links
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-19-2005 11:39 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: