What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Recording RM Streams

Recording RM Streams
Author: Message:
The Napster

I seriously need to change this pic

– / Male / –
O.P. Recording RM Streams
A few posts back someone asked how to record WM streams, but i was wondering how to record RM (RealMedia) streams. i use Streambox Vcr Suite but it does not record movie smoothly, it skips like 1/2 sec for every sec. Sound is fine.
Any ideas of other freeware to record RealMedia?

BTW I have tried R7C Real7ime Converter, but it has yet to work. It always gives me an error: "** Can't begin decompress (I420) (err=-1d 0h)" . Else its suposed to be good, anyone tried?

Any other programs?

Thanks for any help.

Heres my reply to the Recording a WM stream in case anyone is interested:
quote:
Originally posted by The Napster
---Windows Streams---
I like SDP it works well, smooth and everything. Works only for windows media streams though. Really good Program, plus its Free

Check out This link for a full List

---Recording Other streams---
For other Streams i use Streambox Vcr Suite 2 :D the program is ok an. The record movies are not very smooth (RM recorder is VERY smooth compared to this... :( ) if any-one knows a better program please share as im really looking for a good freeware, this one is the only one i could find. (Works for almost all media streams)

I have tried R7C Real7ime Converter, but it has yet to work. It always gives me an error: "** Can't begin decompress (I420) (err=-1d 0h)" . Else its suposed to be good.

Here for List

---How to use them---
>Just right click on the link to the file which you wanna record, "select save" as.
>The go on on the appropriate program select "file > Open" and open the file you "saved as".
>Then for SDP select GO! and it will start recording. For Streambox it will ask you about each individual stream, ect. you ll need to experiment depending on the stream.
*Sometimes they'll give you an error, trying again will sometimes help.

Yes i quuote myself :P
[Image: globesig2.png]
11-17-2005 09:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
RE: Recording RM Streams
I'm not sure how the RealMedia streaming system works, do you know what does it start with. (example xxx:// (Just open the file with notepad.).).

Anyhow, I have been using HiDownload lately.  It is able to download ShoutCAST, MMS, RTSP, iTunes and BBC radio broadcasts, it's nice.
11-25-2005 05:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: