What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Email client or link

Email client or link
Author: Message:
jsykarl

O.P. Huh?  Email client or link
The problem is that no matter what web link or program exe is inserted into the 'more options/email client or link' section within the pop3 setting of plus, it defaults to the setting within IE, which does not offer the option of web based url's. So when I click on the email button above the contact list, it will open the client selected by IE, and not divert to the link I have stipulated in plus preferences.

Any help would be really appreciated.
11-19-2005 06:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Email client or link
quote:
Originally posted by jsykarl
The problem is that no matter what web link or program exe is inserted into the 'more options/email client or link' section within the pop3 setting of plus, it defaults to the setting within IE, which does not offer the option of web based url's. So when I click on the email button above the contact list, it will open the client selected by IE, and not divert to the link I have stipulated in plus preferences.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Plus! does not change which program is opened. If you have an @hotmail.* or an @msn.* then MSN Messenger automatically opens it with Hotmail. If you have a different email then MSN Messenger opens it with the default mail link. If you click on the Plus! symbol on the toolbar it will let you open whichever email client you have specified for the email.
11-19-2005 06:49 PM
jsykarl

O.P. RE: Email client or link
Matty, thanks for you much appreciated help. Misunderstood and was clicking on the email envelope and not the plus logo. So simple....

Thanks again
11-21-2005 09:42 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: