What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Is that possible?

Is that possible?
Author: Message:
dr_o

O.P. Is that possible?
Hi all :D

I would like to create (for learning purposes) a reporting tool.
The tool will help to extract data from a group of bots (MSN messenger) to
the client (MSN messenger).   
Now I saw there are several ways to create a bot that will be active in MSN messenger, I could find a way to easily add new buttons and new messenger based window (like MSN today) until a friend told me about PLUS!
So my Question to you, “Is that possible?”
On the client site I would like to be able to press a button and open a new type of “application” to interact with multiple bots and after some data processing display the processed data on a messenger based window, meaning I wouldn’t like that each interaction with a different bot would require a new conversion window to be opened (that the user will see).

Thanks allot to all repliers
Dr O
11-22-2005 05:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Itsme-HcK

Geek

32 / Male / –
RE: Is that possible?
Don't you just mean the normal convo's?
11-22-2005 07:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Is that possible?
quote:
Originally posted by dr_o
I would like to create (for learning purposes) a reporting tool.
The tool will help to extract data from a group of bots (MSN messenger) to
the client (MSN messenger).   
Now I saw there are several ways to create a bot that will be active in MSN messenger, I could find a way to easily add new buttons and new messenger based window (like MSN today) until a friend told me about PLUS!
So my Question to you, “Is that possible?”
On the client site I would like to be able to press a button and open a new type of “application” to interact with multiple bots and after some data processing display the processed data on a messenger based window, meaning I wouldn’t like that each interaction with a different bot would require a new conversion window to be opened (that the user will see).
With Messenger Plus! (an addon for MSN Messenger) you can create plugins. These plugins run on top of Messenger Plus!. This means that each user that wants to run a specific plugin, also needs Messenger Plus!... In other words you're running a plugin for an addon for MSN Messenger...

Although you can do a lot with plugins for Messenger Plus!, they have their limitations.

The things you want to do are possible to create with a plugin for Messenger Plus!, but you wouldn't benefit from it that much because all the functions you want to perform must be programmed directly onto the "Messenger object" using the Messenger API. Or even using the MSN Messenger protocol directly (if you don't want conversation windows shown, etc).

So your best bet is to directly create your own addon for MSN Messenger, or even creating your own client which logs in onto the MSN Messenger servers using the MSN Messenger protocol and using its own .NET Passport.

Thus, in short, yes it is possible. But you would be better of to directly make your own MSN Messenger addon or Messenger client. The only benefit from doing this via a Messenger Plus! plugin is that it will be started up automatically with Messenger Plus! and that you can add a special command to invoke the "bot-talking", there isn't much else you can benefit from from the plugin system... for what you want.

;)

This post was edited on 11-22-2005 at 02:39 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-22-2005 02:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: