What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » good bye for a while

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
good bye for a while
Author: Message:
nikki

40 / – / –
RE: good bye for a while
boy, you people can be so mean and so quick to judge someone who has previously spammed. :S
have any of you ever been in hospital for an operation? i kinda doubt it, coz if you had, you would know that they get you to go in the night before so they can make you fast for something like 12 hours and keep an eye on you before the operation the next day.
i've been into hospital as late as 10pm for an operation the next day, depending what time they plan on doing it. joel never said he was getting operated on tonight. he said he was going into hospital tonight.

And as for the type of cancer and whether it is benign or malignant, they will know more when they have removed it and tested it.

@ joel. I hope everything goes well for you. :)
11-27-2005 02:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
How did they manage to get the "cancer out of your foot" within seven hours?
An operation to remove a cancer can be very quick.
Nobody said he was being operated on tonight.
quote:
Does it not usually take several days?
An operation doesn't take days, chemo does
quote:
And how the hell did you manage to get surgery done at night?
Nobody said he was being operated on "at night" or "tonight". Even then, they do operate at night sometimes.

-------------

anyways

[Image: attachment.php?pid=570285]

But maybe it was prosponed and/or he has access to a PC there... *-)
my local time 4:41am is 1.41pm for him, so do the math...

-------------

joelm, if the things you said are true, then I wish you all the best...

But if it indeed is an attention cry, then this is certainly not cool at all, especially by using something severe as cancer!!

.gif File Attachment: image1.gif (13.01 KB)
This file has been downloaded 252 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 03:51 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-27-2005 03:01 PM
nikki

40 / – / –
Well he posted his update early afternoon melbourne time (around 2pm), so he still had several hours before nightfall and several hours to continue posting here.
some people here are just too quick to judge and accuse someone of lying. :S
11-27-2005 03:11 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

But if it indeed is an attention cry, then this is certainly not cool at all, especially by using something severe as cancer!!
exactly what i was wondering .... i didnt know people goto operations as big as this just a few hours before. Here people are first admitted in the hospital for a few hours .... told to eat at certain times and things and then put under the knife.
But still ....
quote:
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
11-27-2005 03:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:

True, but after removing a chunk of someone's foot they'd have to keep them hospitalized for a while at least
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
11-27-2005 03:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

True, but after removing a chunk of someone's foot they'd have to keep them hospitalized for a while at least
How are you supposed to walk after the operation ??? That baffles me tbh :-/
And i didnt quite believe him at first when i saw this thread but i thought then again i could be wrong ......
If hes lying ..... that is seriously the worst thing i have heard someone do on this forum :-/ (No comments :dodgy:)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
11-27-2005 03:32 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
You can go home pretty quickly if it's done under local anaesthetics..you don't even have to be commited. And there's day treatment aswell..mostly when you need full anaestetics..you'll be allowed to go home a few hours after waking up (providing you feel well etc.).

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 03:39 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-27-2005 03:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: good bye for a while
quote:
Originally posted by nikki
Well he posted his update early afternoon melbourne time (around 2pm), so he still had several hours before nightfall and several hours to continue posting here.
some people here are just too quick to judge and accuse someone of lying. :S
If that reply was aimed at me, then please reread my post. I'm not the one who is directly jumping to conclussions like others did though ;) I'm still "reserved"...

I simply showed the screenshot because I begun to have some doubts because of the previous posts of others (and more to show that he posted more than only at 2pm and 7 hours later as first suggested by Shawnz).

I know he is on a different timezone, but didn't figured out yet his true local times... Otherwise I would have posted that aswell...

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
i didnt know people go to operations as big as this just a few hours before.
A cancer removing operation can be very strait forward and relative small. It isn't nessecairly a big 10-hour long operation.

Even then, it is quite common that even for big operations people can stay home right before the operation. And often they can leave the hospital very quickly too (depening on operation to operation). It isn't like it used to be that people need to be in hospital for x days prior to operation and keep in hospital for x weeks afterwards. Many types of operations are very strait forward these days and depending on which kind of operation people are even sometimes dismissed after a few hours (even with big operations as a heart surgery like bypasses).

;)

--------

All this said, since joelm posted his "last update"-post at 2pm, it means that his last post in the thread "paris riots" was send in the evening, prior to going to hospital.

So all the accusations done here are totally ungrounded in every way, and I wish some people stopped doing that...

I'm sorry I even doubted (because of what others said) his postings...

This post was edited on 11-27-2005 at 03:56 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-27-2005 03:36 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
A cancer removing operation can be very strait forward and relative small. It isn't nessecairly a big 10-hour long operation.

Okay cookie! Lets think about this!

He walks in to a hospital at midnight on a sunday, they immediately take him to the operating room, cut the cancer out of his foot, slap a cast on and he leaves!

Miracle surgery.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
11-27-2005 04:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
nikki

40 / – / –
quote:
If that reply was aimed at me, then please reread my post. I'm not the one who is directly jumping to conclussions like others did though
well no it wasn't really aimed at you, but mainly at the others who have been very quick to call him a liar. I was just saying that he still had many hours to post before he needed to go into hospital.

What i would like to ask the others is, whatever happened to being innocent before being proven guilty? that's how the law works here in australia and 2 of the people raising doubts about his honesty are also from here, so why should it be any diffferent on these forums?
If it was any of the members who have been here longer, those doubts wouldn't have been raised. but it's because he is relatively new here, and has been known to spam, that he hasn't been accepted by the rest of the community.
How many people who have accused him of lying will rush to apologise if he is being truthful? none? That's what i expect even though i'm sure many of the members who posted in this thread spammed early on and found it hard to be accepted when they joined.
How many will flame him if he is lying? almost everyone, if not all, right?
but look at it this way. what has he got to gain from lying? nothing, because most here don't seem to like him anyway and i think he knows that. wouldn't it have just been better for him to stop spamming, which i believe he already had, to gain acceptance? so why would he post something like that? to use as an excuse to continue to spam, even though it's obvious that he has stopped spamming?
or maybe because cancer is such a terrible thing to have, especially at such a young age and he needed to tell someone?

So what is wrong with giving him the benefit of the doubt?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

@ ShawnZ:

If he is going under general anaesthetic, they will not operate that same night unless he has been fasting during the day (go without food and liquid). they need to operate on an empty stomach when using general anaesthetic (unless it's an emergency, of course) because it can make you sick, hence why they get people to go into hospital the night before the operation here - to make sure they don't eat or drink anything.
And yes, he could very well be out of hospital later that day. depends on how the operation went, how much  there was to cut out, etc. it all depends on circumstances at the time, so no one can say for sure.
11-27-2005 04:46 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: